The Student Room Group

Paying £312 monthly for car insurance

Hello I am paying £312 monthly for car insurance I am 17 years old isit too much or decent ? I couldn't find anything lower in a year it adds up to nearly 4k
Original post by stack__
Hello I am paying £312 monthly for car insurance I am 17 years old isit too much or decent ? I couldn't find anything lower in a year it adds up to nearly 4k

my god lol

just take solace in that your premiums will only ever go down from now on...providing you don't get points or make any claims.
Reply 2
Original post by Hazard28
my god lol

just take solace in that your premiums will only ever go down from now on...providing you don't get points or make any claims.

Depends on the insurance market.

You pay more a month than I pay in almost a year. That is daylight robbery!
Reply 3
Original post by Hazard28
my god lol

Ikr I'm paying a disgusting amount for insurance but I guess I got no other options
Reply 4
Original post by mashbbk
Depends on the insurance market.

You pay more a month than I pay in almost a year. That is daylight robbery!

I want to cry ;(
Wow wow!!! Can't you get a Blackbox? That would reduce it down to at least £1500 per year
Also what type of car do you have? And where roundabouts do you live?
Bloody hell - my mortgage isn't much more than that!
Original post by stack__
Ikr I'm paying a disgusting amount for insurance but I guess I got no other options

you could take the bus...

for 4k a year there's no way I'd be paying for a car
Reply 8
Original post by pfdavina
Wow wow!!! Can't you get a Blackbox? That would reduce it down to at least £1500 per year
Also what type of car do you have? And where roundabouts do you live?

**** black box bro no way i am driving with a black box and i live in London
Reply 9
Original post by Reality Check
Bloody hell - my mortgage isn't much more than that!

sh*t boy once i get a good paying job in the future im gonna get a mortgage aswell hopefully
Reply 10
Original post by doodle_333
you could take the bus...

for 4k a year there's no way I'd be paying for a car

**** no i waited 17 years till i can drive no going back from here
Original post by stack__
**** no i waited 17 years till i can drive no going back from here

4k is rent for the year, several months travelling, a start towards a house deposit, a big extra chunk towards living costs at uni - imo a car is not worth that... I know at 17 it seems crazy important but you did fine without it before... I'm 25 and don't have a car
Original post by stack__

What are you driving, a Monster Truck?!?
Reply 13
This thread should really be in Cars and Motoring, tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending