The Student Room Group

Why are we shy about deporting illegal immigrants

Why does the state just release illegal immigrants into the population in most cases and not deport them?

I have also noticed that is mirrored by a kind of shyness about saying we should enforce the law. I brought the subject up at work and one person disagree saying there should be no borders. The others just kept silent or gave a stone cold look.its as if people think deporting illegals is some kind of controversial topic. Can anyone explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
usually because of the ECHR the UK is unable to send immigrants into a warzone or a place of high danger.

People tend to distance themselves from the topic under fear of being tagged as racist
Because dem 'uman rights.
Original post by Empirical
Why does the state just release illegal immigrants into the population in most cases and not deport them?

We do. But there is due process which is complex expensive and takes a long time. Otherwise the authorities could decide you were an illegal and deport you. And you wouldn't want that would you?
To the contrary, I'd rather more illegal immigration as we gain all the benefits with much less cost. They provide a cheap pool of labour whilst being unable to apply for benefits.
Reply 5
Original post by Tom3198
usually because of the ECHR the UK is unable to send immigrants into a warzone or a place of high danger.

People tend to distance themselves from the topic under fear of being tagged as racist

Theres a difference between immigrants and refugees. What you talk about is actually under the Geneva Convention not ECHR.
Original post by Empirical

I have also noticed that is mirrored by a kind of shyness about saying we should enforce the law. I brought the subject up at work and one person disagree saying there should be no borders. The others just kept silent or gave a stone cold look.its as if people think deporting illegals is some kind of controversial topic. Can anyone explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white
Diversity means chasing down Whites
Diversity is White Genocide
lol if you're an immigrant in this country and the authorities have sufficient evidence to prove your residence here is not legal you will be deported. but its not like a switch that gets turned on or off, i always thought the process of deporting someone can be long and arduous, i mean, locating someone who doesn't officially exist can be pretty tough to start with.
Deporting people isn't as easy as kicking them off the cliffs at Dover and telling them to not come back.

You speak of enforcing the law, measures need to be taken to ensure those laws are being enforced fairly and justly, sometimes that is slow and expensive but that is the price that needs to be paid.
Original post by Yeah, right
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white
Diversity means chasing down Whites
Diversity is White Genocide

Does ordering a curry make me complicit in white genocide?
Watched a documentary the other day, Border Force; can't remember which channel it was on. But it was impressive to see the lengths they go to to find illegal immigrants and go through the deportation process with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending