Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

4th as grade - how important is it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    It is prettz amazing how many people get straight As here for AS, is it really that easy_? I have got 3As and a D and i feel very intimidated, I will be predicted 3as and a c now, and because i really screwed up the 4th as result, i am wondering whether unis which require eg aab is likelz to give me an offer? How much do unis look at your 4th as?
    Well if unis generally want AAB and you are on the verge of getting AAAC then the C shouldn't matter because you have met the requirement anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    B looks fine in ucas, i got a d
    What did u get a D in? What examining board was it? It's strange to get AAAD, isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    What did u get a D in? What examining board was it? It's strange to get AAAD, isnt it?
    German, lots of people got cs and ds even when they are predicted as

ReputationRep:
    What is with AQA? (well in my school all people who take french, spanish or german at A-level always get As :P)

ReputationRep:
    depends where u wanna go.

e.g. i got a C in the AS I dropped, Warwick wanted me to get AAB and a B in Critical thinking AS...all my other offers were like BBB, so the AS didn't matter at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    Well i got aaad, but if i am predicted aaab surely thats better than dropping it and cashing it in with a d grades cus it sucks - i wanna retake anyways
    Are you going to get a B in it? Who on earth is going to predict a B at A2 when you've got a D at AS? Would anyone believe such a prediction anyway? I don't really think predicted grades hold a lot of sway.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Are you going to get a B in it? Who on earth is going to predict a B at A2 when you've got a D at AS? Would anyone believe such a prediction anyway? I don't really think predicted grades hold a lot of sway.

Ben
    :confused: of course you can get a B at A2 if you got a D at AS!

ReputationRep:

Ben
    the unis dont actually know my actual as ums marks

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to get a B in it? Who on earth is going to predict a B at A2 when you've got a D at AS?

Ben
    I know people who got an E at AS and were predicted a C for A2. They managed to get their grades up that far as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    To be honest, it really doesn't matter if you leave it at AAAd or try for AAAB, because you'll only get 3 grade offers. Can you really be bothered to try for that extra B and run the risk of a university specifying that they want you to get at least a B in German? You're stuck with an AS D on the UCAS form either way. Where do you want to apply?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I know people who got an E at AS and were predicted a C for A2. They managed to get their grades up that far as well.
    Yes, and I know people who didn't.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    LOL! Like me!!!! I just have of proper AS grades Business A and Art B. But in maths and physics i just have UMS marks which would make A/B (borderline) for maths and B/C for physics (borderline) But I'm predicted A for that ones for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    LOL! Like me!!!! I just have of proper AS grades Business A and Art B. But in maths and physics i just have UMS marks which would make A/B (borderline) for maths and B/C for physics (borderline) But I'm predicted A for that ones for A2
    So you are predicted 4as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    B looks fine in ucas, i got a d
    Are you sure you can pull up the D to a B at A2 with retakes? Otherwise you risk gambling your UCAS offers, and losing your uni places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Are you sure you can pull up the D to a B at A2 with retakes? Otherwise you risk gambling your UCAS offers, and losing your uni places.
    i severely doubt that they will ask for lets say a b in german...im doing a business degree remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    i severely doubt that they will ask for lets say a b in german...im doing a business degree remember.
    Then what exactly is the point in carrying it on to full A2, if you're sure it won't be included as part of your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Then what exactly is the point in carrying it on to full A2, if you're sure it won't be included as part of your offer?
    as i said before d looks rubbish in the ucas form, shows my academic capability is close to 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    as i said before d looks rubbish in the ucas form, shows my academic capability is close to 0
    What subject was the D in? German? What board? And um, ok, but the question still stands that do you think you can pull the D up for A2? Otherwise there's little point carrying it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    Wouldn't German make you useful to a multinational company? Don't forget the importance of a second language! Out of interest, what are your other subjects?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't German make you useful to a multinational company? Don't forget the importance of a second language! Out of interest, what are your other subjects?

Ben
    yes but they just dont ask for a requirement grade of a language. My other subjects are maths, economics and physics.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.