how do people gain physics experience

Watch
Maybach_Loki
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was wondering what people have done to gain physics experience like enrichment
spidle
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
In the Summer holidays, I had work experience at an engineering firm for a week and each day I was put on different teams in an office. During my week I analysed the stress of certain objects under a force, designed some electrical components and did some CAD/CAM design. I would say these are helpful experiences for physics and would be a lot to talk about in personal statement/interviews.
fefssdf
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
if you're really struggling maybe get some experience with your schools science department like with the technician maybe
wjtbootstrap
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spidle)
In the Summer holidays, I had work experience at an engineering firm for a week and each day I was put on different teams in an office. During my week I analysed the stress of certain objects under a force, designed some electrical components and did some CAD/CAM design. I would say these are helpful experiences for physics and would be a lot to talk about in personal statement/interviews.
What spidle said, I've just finished my physics masters degree and found my summer work in electrical engineering was most certainly worth it even though I haven't chosen to go into electronics. The experience you gain is a great talking point in interviews and will help give examples of problem solving and working as part of a team which employers will be looking for further down the line
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise