*Moon*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm not overly skinny, like not all bones. But apparently skinny people are ugly now, but I just wanted to see what poeple think about it.

So is skinny ugly?
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by *Moon*)
I'm not overly skinny, like not all bones. But apparently skinny people are ugly now, but I just wanted to see what poeple think about it.

So is skinny ugly?
no it isnt
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If that's the case am ugly, cause am skinny.
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
id hope not
123spil1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

So is skinny ugly?
There is a difference between being skinny and very skinny. If you are very skinny yes that's ugly. This is my view from much experience.
pastelsloth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im skinny, no ones called me ugly yet because of it-we might be safe.

although im ugly in terms of other stuff so who knows
*Moon*
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
If that's the case am ugly, cause am skinny.
Exactly, I've seen so many people like curvy girls. I've actually been bullied over it
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exactly, I've seen so many people like curvy girls. I've actually been bullied over it
Are you skinny?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends how skinny we're talking about... It gets to a point where it's unhealthy and it can be off-putting.
*Moon*
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Depends how skinny we're talking about... It gets to a point where it's unhealthy and it can be off-putting.
My weight is around 120, yet people still say I'm too skinny
*Moon*
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Are you skinny?
And yes I am, but I'm not extremely skinny
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My weight is around 120, yet people still say I'm too skinny
This value means nothing to me. How tall are you and how old are you?
PsychopathOrally
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
40kg skinny but don't feel ugly yet... Just yesterday, 'curvy' friends, in the prom group chat, were still moaning about how the majority of guys prefer a slimmer girl (I'd prefer more reliable statistics for a large population before forming a conclusion though). *shrug*. It's preferences, and just as men might like my body type, others might not.

As long as I personally feel I look fine, feel fine and flirt fine, then I don't see an issue for myself.
*Moon*
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
This value means nothing to me. How tall are you and how old are you?
I'm 16, and around 5'5
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And yes I am, but I'm not extremely skinny
Am skinny in terms of you can wrapped your hand around my wrist and it will fit, and bracelets don't hold on.
Lovinlife2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Skinny is not ugly, in fact I'm skinny myself and I get a load of comments on how or why I'm skinny because people want to be like me.. drives me up the wall when people ask me why I'm skinny and it makes me feel awful.. but people like us can't help it.. there are a number of factors that can influence the amount of fat storage in our bodies: high metabolism, medical condition, energy goes up through height instead of giving extra fat on your body, eating habits/stomach capacity (though that can change over time).

Please don't ever change for society's sake of beauty, change yourself for you, not because someone said or trends say that 'skinny is ugly' because trends fluctuates and personal opinion don't really matter, what matters is that you're healthy and happy regardless of weight.
Dr Strange
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The fashion industry and media continue to act irresponsibly in endorsing what they consider to be the only body shapes that are acceptable.

Fortunately, the real world is not as superficial, and so this ceases to be a question. You are who you are, and I'd like to think that the majority accept that.
tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel you, got bullied too (even by adults) which made my confidence plummet. A friend of mine recently admitted that she was jealous of me, so maybe keep that in mind.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you're a guy it can be looked down upon. If you're a girl just pretend you're a fashion model
queenofswords
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have been underweight all my life as I survived on nothing but breast milk up until the age of 3. I wouldn't eat anything else.

I also developed anorexia a few years ago and I am still recovering.

Some people say they are jealous of my body and others have said that I look ill.

It depends on preference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
14.63%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.8%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.79%

Watched Threads