The Student Room Group

Think i messed up the written assessment?

Well i attended a open evening yesterday,00 it mainly consisted of a presentation and a course overview. Only problem was that they had us take a written assessment at the end of the presentation.The course is a access to nursing.

Although i did get a C in English that was over 8 years ago and as such my writing and in general English probably isn't the best.

For someone who has only been on IT courses in the last few years it was probably the first time i had written a paragraph in a few years with pen and paper! and i messed it up i think.

Is it likely you wont get a interview if you screw the written assessment up? It just took me by surprise lol :redface:

Plus i didn't really understand the question... :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Stay positive, when I had my access course assessment day I thought it went really badly, in the written English test I just waffled on & then in the interview the teacher looked really uninterested & negative. But I got offered a place. They will be looking at your whole application, know a lot of people have been out of education or doing different kinds of courses & they probably know the assessment catches people out. I hope you hear good news soon. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by mel_l218
Stay positive, when I had my access course assessment day I thought it went really badly, in the written English test I just waffled on & then in the interview the teacher looked really uninterested & negative. But I got offered a place. They will be looking at your whole application, know a lot of people have been out of education or doing different kinds of courses & they probably know the assessment catches people out. I hope you hear good news soon. Good luck.

Thank you for the reassuring words Mel :smile: i guess you are right, it depends on multiple factors on if you get a place/interview or not.

I indeed did waffle on also with the written assessment, i just kept writing and writing, probably going completely off topic lol. I hope it works out well, but in the mean time i will probably explore a range of options for access to nursing courses. Getting multiple offers is better than none right? :wink:
Original post by Smartwater50
Thank you for the reassuring words Mel :smile: i guess you are right, it depends on multiple factors on if you get a place/interview or not.

I indeed did waffle on also with the written assessment, i just kept writing and writing, probably going completely off topic lol. I hope it works out well, but in the mean time i will probably explore a range of options for access to nursing courses. Getting multiple offers is better than none right? :wink:

Even though you think you did waffle on, they can see the skills you have that will help you on the course. So stay positive.
And yeah, multiple offers will mean you can decide which college is best for you.
I hope you hear back soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending