The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Miscalculation of module credits

I was just calculating the credits that I have done this year and I keep on getting 115 credits instead of 120. Is it possible that I have acuatlly miscalculated it? I thought I would have perhaps been notified throughout the year if I hadn't taken enough credits to pass the year. Does this mean that I have to do the year again? plz help
Reply 1
Original post by soshelp1234
I was just calculating the credits that I have done this year and I keep on getting 115 credits instead of 120. Is it possible that I have acuatlly miscalculated it? I thought I would have perhaps been notified throughout the year if I hadn't taken enough credits to pass the year. Does this mean that I have to do the year again? plz help

Without seeing all your individual module credits how can we help? If you post them up I'm sure someone can total them for you...
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by soshelp1234

Find the rules and read what they say about progression. Normally it is 120. The rules will tell you what happens in case you dont have enough.

As this seems more like an error (am assuming you can count), then I expect they will have discretion about whether to let you progress.

NO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE YEAR AGAIN

Any sensible set of rules will just use their discretion and require you to sit 125 credits next year.. That would be my guess based on pure speculation as I cannot see the rules. It wouldnt take you long to look them up yourself. If you feel uncomfortable doing that then ask the department, exam office or a student advisor.

Go to sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest