george_v
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Dear SFE advisor,

I submitted my application for a PG loan ( EU student ) at the 12th of June. I sent my passport to the SFE and it confirmed that my passport received correctly 2 days ago.

I can now see that my status is "Application Approved" and the status word is highlighted with green. Additionally If I navigate to the section "Your finance -> Payments for 2017/18" I can see the dates that I will get the money and the exact amount of each installment.

Does this mean that I am now sure that I will get the loan or should I wait for an confirmation email/letter/something ? In the Letters/Emails sections of the website I cannot see any related emails/letters.

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

Regards,
George
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by george_v)
Dear SFE advisor,

I submitted my application for a PG loan ( EU student ) at the 12th of June. I sent my passport to the SFE and it confirmed that my passport received correctly 2 days ago.

I can now see that my status is "Application Approved" and the status word is highlighted with green. Additionally If I navigate to the section "Your finance -> Payments for 2017/18" I can see the dates that I will get the money and the exact amount of each installment.

Does this mean that I am now sure that I will get the loan or should I wait for an confirmation email/letter/something ? In the Letters/Emails sections of the website I cannot see any related emails/letters.

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

Regards,
George
Hi George_v,

If you have returned your signed and dated declaration form and your application status approved and payments scheduled, then there is nothing more you need to do. A notification of entitlement will be posted to you but you will be able to view this from your correspondence history online.

Thanks
george_v
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi George_v,

If you have returned your signed and dated declaration form and your application status approved and payments scheduled, then there is nothing more you need to do. A notification of entitlement will be posted to you but you will be able to view this from your correspondence history online.

Thanks
Dear Rona,

First of all thank you for your prompt reply!

With my question I wanted to clarify that the Application Approved status does not just mean that the application is approved but also that the loan is approved. Now I know that the Status Application Approved means that you will get the loan ( given that you send all the appropriate documents ). Today I got my Loan Entitlement Letter which contains all the details.

I want to note that even though I got an email from SFE that verified that they received my passport they didn't send me an email to inform me about their decision on the loan. So to other people that are waiting for a reply, always check your online account and don't except email notifications.

Regards,
George
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (64)
13.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.49%
No - I live at home during term anyway (137)
28.9%

Watched Threads