The Student Room Group

Would the cops still find you if you raped and ejaculated inside a woman?

i recall seeing some crime show in the past showing you can through DNA from the sperm cell, but i dunno.

Scroll to see replies

Immeadiately thinking about motives, rather than the question!
Original post by Thats kinda Gay
i recall seeing some crime show in the past showing you can through DNA from the sperm cell, but i dunno.

If they had your DNA then that is evidence that links you to the situation. Sperms is one way they trace people and numerous rapists have been eventually prosecuted using DNA evidence. This has often been for unsolved crimes that happened many years ago.
Yes.
Original post by Rover73
Immeadiately thinking about motives, rather than the question!

*cough* *cough* I am a very kind and sincere man, i would never do this!
They would need the rapists dna to match it against.
Original post by 999tigger
If they had your DNA then that is evidence that links you to the situation. Sperms is one way they trace people and numerous rapists have been eventually prosecuted using DNA evidence. This has often been for unsolved crimes that happened many years ago.

So in the short term a rapist wouldn't have to worry about being found out early - won't this allow time for them to more or less migrate into another country or area?
*cough* *cough* I am a very kind and sincere man, i would never do this!

Frame it a little better next time then buddy. :wink:

I have no doubt that you are.
Original post by Sternumator
They would need the rapists dna to match it against.

Thats only works when one of the suspects the police tracked was the one. What if it were one of those kidnapped into a van then raped type of ones?
So in the short term a rapist wouldn't have to worry about being found out early - won't this allow time for them to more or less migrate into another country or area?

Except lots of criminals are already on the national DNA database, so they might know who it is, but the important point is its solid evidence. They can skip country, but you can also test relatives for genetic links.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7532856.stm
Of course
Original post by 999tigger
Except lots of criminals are already on the national DNA database, so they might know who it is, but the important point is its solid evidence. They can skip country, but you can also test relatives for genetic links.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7532856.stm

Damn... just checked through the link. This question was totally worth asking now that i know about the national DNA database. Appreciate the knowledge. :biggrin:
Yes and no - they can collect genetic material from the sperm and match it up if the rapist is in the system/database already. But if the rapist is a randomer with no connection/previous criminal records etc, then I would imagine it would be hard to identify him (?).
Original post by ladolcevita8
Yes and no - they can collect genetic material from the sperm and match it up if the rapist is in the system/database already. But if the rapist is a randomer with no connection/previous criminal records etc, then I would imagine it would be hard to identify him (?).

They could do a dragnet or get samples from suspects with an appropriate warrant.

here's a thought....

How about dont be a vile piece of malignant subhuman scum and DONT rape anyone???
Original post by Jack22031994
here's a thought....

How about dont be a vile piece of malignant subhuman scum and DONT rape anyone???

I don't think the OP has any plans to do so somehow, it's probably just an innocent question
Thats good to know.

I just touchy about this subject for reasons I'm not going to go into
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
They could do a dragnet or get samples from suspects with an appropriate warrant.

Oh I know they could get samples from suspects with the appropriate warrant.

But speaking hypothetically, let's say that the victim had no means of identifying him (except height and/or voice if he has an accent) and he has no connections to the victim. Wouldn't it be near impossible if he goes in to hiding?
Original post by ladolcevita8
Oh I know they could get samples from suspects with the appropriate warrant.

But speaking hypothetically, let's say that the victim had no means of identifying him (except height and/or voice if he has an accent) and he has no connections to the victim. Wouldn't it be near impossible if he goes in to hiding?

The police database will contain the DNA profiles of both the perpetrator AND the victim.

Police forensics will build a DNA profile of the perpetrator. The DNA will tell them everything from his ethnicity to his family connections and geographic ancestry, they can find his eye and hair colour. It can predict skin colour, male pattern baldness, tooth shape and age. (Phenotyping)

This together with information from the victim will build a comprehensive picture of the perpetrator - fingerprints, shoe prints, saliva, height, build, voice, distinguishing features, clothes fibres, dirt samples from the crime scene etc. There is now a national database and map of mud and dirt from around the country which can link the criminal to a specific location. Then there is CCTV footage from security and traffic camera's.

If any of his relatives are on the DNA database, the police will be able to start closing in.

If the criminal goes into hiding, they will have to be vigilant for the rest of their lives because he will only need to be arrested once for his DNA to be matched. The same goes for his relatives.

As DNA profiling science is continually developing, things that were impossible a few years ago are now routine and things impossible now will become routine in the near future.

The perpetrator can go overseas and never come back into the UK. But that is no guarantee of evasion because once there is a family match, the information can be shared with overseas police authorities and Interpol.

Often, it's the most trivial of things that will catch him out - like being involved in a road accident

The criminal cannot ever be sure he will get away with it and will always be looking over his shoulder or waiting for the knock on the door.
(edited 6 years ago)
Rapists deserve to be shot or stabbed by their victims imho

Quick Reply