Vallern
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
See this quite often when reading Bloomberg, but I can't seem to find a defition on the world wide web.
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think they mean it as in markets briefing, or situation when the market wraps (closes).

Spoiler:
Show

I might be wrong though!
Vallern
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by AmeliaLost)
I think they mean it as in markets briefing, or situation when the market wraps (closes).

Spoiler:
Show

I might be wrong though!

I think it refers to the directionthe market is taking but again, I don't really know. Appreciate the answer though
frnkbrnhrd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s more a journalism term. In a headline on Bloomberg like this: "Stocks Stall as Investors Mull Growth; Yen Climbs: Markets Wrap", it’s not about "wrapping markets" but about an article covering (literally to wrap) the markets. It’s a noun, not a verb here, I believe.

To clarify, the headline could be like this: Stocks Stall as Investors Mull Growth; Yen Climbs: [here is our] Markets Wrap [for you].
gkern49
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s bafflegab, kids. Probably a holdover from the old movie days, when at the end of shooting a scene, the director would announce, “That’s a wrap!” In other words, “The market closed (for the day).”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (90)
13.98%
I'm not sure (30)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (204)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.17%
I'm not a current university student (306)
47.52%

Watched Threads