Turn on thread page Beta

Is doing more than 3 AS Levels worth it? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Well i wouldn't do it! But if you're naturally good at them then it won't be too much. You can always start off doing 5 and drop one if it gets too much.

Oooh SiAny, you're doing Sociology AS/A2, could you give me your opinion on the subject, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Oooh SiAny, you're doing Sociology AS/A2, could you give me your opinion on the subject, please?
    Sociology isn't as easy as it is made out to be, but it isn't that difficult either. I think a lot depends on your teachers. All the way through AS the lessons were boring and the homework we got set was stupid, but anyway...
    I revised like crazy for my family module which i sat in Jan and got a low-ish A. Then i crammed for the education module and got a slightly higher A. Compared to biology, sociology is a walk in the park! Don't start the course thinking it's an easy A, because it isn't. But just do the work and you'll come out with a good grade, hopefully! Essay skills are handy for the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Sociology isn't as easy as it is made out to be, but it isn't that difficult either. I think a lot depends on your teachers. All the way through AS the lessons were boring and the homework we got set was stupid, but anyway...
    I revised like crazy for my family module which i sat in Jan and got a low-ish A. Then i crammed for the education module and got a slightly higher A. Compared to biology, sociology is a walk in the park! Don't start the course thinking it's an easy A, because it isn't. But just do the work and you'll come out with a good grade, hopefully! Essay skills are handy for the exams.
    Thanks SiAny, I went to the taster class just to go with my friend and I was certain I wanted to do G&P, but I loved the taster class and it was everything I expected G&P to be like. Maybe I am wrong in thinking it'll be easy, but because I find is so interesting and I think I'll be good at it, I am sort of seeing it as an easy A . But I will work hard and I definitely do not think it's an easy mickey-mouse subject!

Are there any revision books you could reccomend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Thanks SiAny, I went to the taster class just to go with my friend and I was certain I wanted to do G&P, but I loved the taster class and it was everything I expected G&P to be like. Maybe I am wrong in thinking it'll be easy, but because I find is so interesting and I think I'll be good at it, I am sort of seeing it as an easy A . But I will work hard and I definitely do not think it's an easy mickey-mouse subject!

Are there any revision books you could reccomend?
    I used some revision packs that my teacher gave me. Can't remember what they were called, sorry! It IS interesting at times, and easy if you're interested. An A is within reach!

ReputationRep:
    Do 4.

I made the mistake of only doing three, and then having to do one on my own in the second year to make my Warwick offer. I did make it btw lol.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.