Why do we help endangered animals? Watch

Banned Again
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I mean following Darwin's Theory of Evolution shouldn't weak animals just die out like them Pandas - we invest money in to stupid things the way i see it.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Banned Again)
I mean following Darwin's Theory of Evolution shouldn't weak animals just die out like them Pandas - we invest money in to stupid things the way i see it.
No because it's our fault that they are dying. You are the only one we should just allow to 'die out'.
Banned Again
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
No because it's our fault that they are dying. You are the only one we should just allow to 'die out'.
We are sentient animals. Following the Survival of Fittest theory we have the right.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Darwin's theory of evolution isn't a moral code.

I think we care primary about species whose extinction is caused by our actions - through hunting/poaching and our effect on the environment. We also recognise that animals play a role in the food webs of their ecosystem so their extinction can have rippling effects.
I agree though that it isn't necessary to save every single type.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We are sentient animals. Following the Survival of Fittest theory we have the right.
Nope, we don't 'have the right'. Besides, Darwin's theory is complete ********. Do you honestly still believe in that crap?
Banned Again
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Nope, we don't 'have the right'. Besides, Darwin's theory is complete ********. Do you honestly still believe in that crap?
Then why do the Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus as well as Ardi and Lucy have links to our gentic DNA and bone structure why do scientist say we originate from africa from a women called African Eve?
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Darwin's theory of evolution has nothing to do with this. Evolution is all about natural selection and natural pressures. Most endangered animals are not endangered because of nature but directly because of humans, whether that's habitat loss, persecution, use of chemical like pesticides, etc.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Then why do the Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus as well as Ardi and Lucy have links to our gentic DNA and bone structure why do scientist say we originate from africa from a women called African Eve?
These two skeletons don't actually prove anything. All the scientists are saying is that they've found some 'links'. A *****y explanation isn't always better than no explanation...
TheDuo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
because humans have an innate desire to save the weak, it just shows that we aren't products of accident, we were designed to feel emotions.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. Most endangered animals that are subject to conservation efforts are endangered because of humans.

2. Removing species or changing their population numbers significantly tends to bugger up the rest of the ecosystem.

3. It is part of a wider but rather futile attempt to protect our own natural environment.

4. At no known point in the planet's history have we seen the rate of extinction we are seeing now. Once a species is gone, it does not come back. Destroying biodiversity is not a good thing.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheDuo)
because humans have an innate desire to save the weak, it just shows that we aren't products of accident, we were designed to feel emotions.
I believeLY other animals have emotions but homo sapiens unique have the cognitive capacity for complex emotions and the ability to ponder over feelings and come up with moral values.
TheDuo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
I believe other animals have emotions but homo sapiens unique have the cognitive capacity for complex emotions and the ability to ponder over feelings and come up with moral values.
why do you think that is?
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because the animals which are dying out are, for the most part, not doing so because they are inferior to anyone but humans... they're not the weak options being killed off, they're a victim of humanity's expansion. It's our fault so we try and help.

Killing off certain species tends to mess up whole ecosystems and will eventually affect us as we still need the world to function and so far the world hasn't functioned with just one species left on it.

We also have genuine scientific interest in animals and our world and can appreciate beautiful/cute/interesting animals and recognise we don't want to kill them all.

There may be some animals which seem like they deserve to be dying out and maybe pandas are one of them but often the big cute animals are looked after so well as they bring interest and donations which can then be used to help smaller, less attractive species.
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We save endangered animals because they are dying out because of us, so we try and protect them, otherwise if we don't we're just killers.
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
I suppose you have a better theory do you? Evolution is a fact just as much as the earth's spherical status is fact.
Kraggor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
F**K Y*U!!!!!!:cry2::cry::cry2::cry:

Now I want to just go and hug a Panda :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show

I love trolls :')
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Robby2312)
I suppose you have a better theory do you? Evolution is a fact just as much as the earth's spherical status is fact.
No, it's not a fact. Why are you bringing the earth's shape into this? This is something that has actually been verified, unlike the silly theory of evolution - which doesn't explain many things. For example, why are there still monkeys around? Their explanation about 'people not actually evolving from monkeys but some common ancestor' isn't very convincing.
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
No, it's not a fact. Why are you bringing the earth's shape into this? This is something that has actually been verified, unlike the silly theory of evolution - which doesn't explain many things. For example, why are there still monkeys around? Their explanation about 'people not actually evolving from monkeys but some common ancestor' isn't very convincing.
It is a fact.The point is that it's just as much a fact as the earth being spherical.
And again if you have a better theory then let's hear it.Creationism doesn't count by the way.Humans did not evolve from monkeys we evolved from a common ancestor with apes.Why wouldn't there be apes around? I don't get this argument.The ancestor species evolved into us yes but chimps and gorillas also split off from that lineage.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Robby2312)
It is a fact.The point is that it's just as much a fact as the earth being spherical.
And again if you have a better theory then let's hear it.Creationism doesn't count by the way.Humans did not evolve from monkeys we evolved from a common ancestor with apes.Why wouldn't there be apes around? I don't get this argument.The ancestor species evolved into us yes but chimps and gorillas also split off from that lineage.
It's not a goddamn fact because you can't prove it. It's a theory. A THEORY. That's it. Creationism? Don't make me laugh. I don't believe that Darwin's theory is true because it doesn't make any sense. Why aren't there any new species forming now, then? I mean, in the wild? Or why humans haven't evolved anymore for so many years? Plus there's also the fact that we haven't found any species that link together any groups that are supposed to have common ancestry.
mashbbk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The reason is quite simple, because people want to.

They could spend the money to do something else or to even save people, but then I could argue that £100 you spent in a restaurant could have easily been a £3 Tesco meal deal and the remaining £97 used to save people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (147)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (244)
30.73%

Watched Threads