Nor sure which career to pursue ....

Watch
anonomon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ive finished my GCSEs and need to choose my A-levels.

Im thinking about studying Business or Physiotherapy at University.
I like the salaries the jobs offer and the jobs also seem quite interesting to me.
However to study Business most Unis ask for a grade 5 at GCSE and i dont think ive got that .....

Im also aware that these are two very different careers and so i am split between them ....
Which one do u think I should choose and why ???
Any other good job suggestions ???
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anonomon)

I like the salaries the jobs offer and the jobs also seem quite interesting to me.
However to study Business most Unis ask for a grade 5 at GCSE and i dont think ive got that .....

Im also aware that these are two very different careers and so i am split between them ....
Grade 5 is a B?
Grade 5 in which subject? you can always resit it n year 12, so it doesnt have to be a problem.

They are very different careers. I suggest more research and look at the jobs involved plus what the syllabus for each degree might look like at your chosen unis.

Do work experience if possible. It should help you form an opinion on what is best for you.

You should also look at what A levels are required for each course to make sure you dont rule yourself out.

Physiotherapy is very specific. I would think if you pass all your exams then you have a high chance of a job even if the pay is less than stellar.

Business seems very general. If you do just average then its the sort of degree where you might get no career at all, but if you do very well and o to a good uni then you could have a high powered career.

Your question is a little too general as it depends on what you like and want plus what you are capable of. Do more research so you can make a better decision.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
University of East Anglia

Please can you advise
LSCollege
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anonomon)

Hi, it's great that you've got an interest in both Business and Physiotherapy. We'd recommend looking at the 'job profiles' page on the national careers service website where it gives a good breakdown of the duties involved in a job, salary, job prospects and routes into the industry.

Ultimately, you need to decide what course to do - Business opens up various career paths whereas Physiotherapy would lead to a career in healthcare, potentially becoming a Physio. We think you need to explore your motivations and interests so we'd recommend using the 'I could buzz test' which may help you make some decisions.

We'd also recommend not looking at salaries alone to decide what career to pursue...you also want to try to do something that uses your skills and brings you job satisfaction.

Finally, you could also combine both! Some universities offer joint honour degrees. Alternatively, you could study physiotherapy and take some electives in business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.86%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
45.08%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.75%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed