The Student Room Group

Water in Laptop HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meany Pie
It isn't difficult to take apart a computer, anyone can do it.

BnQ it :laugh:

Sorry couldn't help it :getmecoat:

:colondollar:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
how is the situation?
I've gone into the device manager, which seems to be the best place to look, but I don't know what I'm looking for to be honest. I can see my USB mouse but I can't see the trackpad.:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
I've gone into the device manager, which seems to be the best place to look, but I don't know what I'm looking for to be honest. I can see my USB mouse but I can't see the trackpad.:redface:

OK I have no idea what you mean by device manager

I did ask my dad and he said it seems rather like you should wait for it to dry a little longer

Then, look up your laptop manual online and try to basically disconnect the trackpad from behind with an iccle screwdriver and wipe dry the constituents around it/surrounding it as best as possible

There is also a paper technique where you can slide an A4 peice of paper into the mouse clicky bit on the trackpad, if it gets damp when you need to wait it out a little longer :yep:

Hope this helps :s-smilie:
It isn't difficult to take apart a computer, anyone can do it.

A) it's a laptop

B) my main part time work is repairing
computers people have taken apart
Original post by niteninja1
A) it's a laptop

B) my main part time work is repairing
computers people have taken apart

A) a laptop is a computer

B) I highly doubt you do if you don't know that a laptop is a computer.
A) a laptop is a computer

B) I highly doubt you do if you don't know that a laptop is a computer.

I do a laptop is a computer I meant it's not a desktop

B) I just 93% in my year 1 compSci degree

Ah but did you get a sticker for eating all your dinner? Because we all know that that's the sign of true ability.:yes:

This is the first time anyone has mentioned desktops.

:congrats:
This is the first time anyone has mentioned desktops.

:congrats:

In a laptops subforum :lol:
Original post by 04MR17
Ah but did you get a sticker for eating all your dinner? Because we all know that that's the sign of true ability.:yes:

lol was this what you were on about? xD PRSOM
Hope this is sorted btw
lol was this what you were on about? xD PRSOM
Hope this is sorted btw
Some people were arguing about who was more qualified to give me advice. That argument took the form of one person giving advice and the other criticising that advice, so the latter was not very helpful. I have therefore inflicted some of my banter to try and diffuse the situation.:wink:

Trackpad still not working. I tried the paper trick and no water at all.:dontknow:
Original post by 04MR17
Some people were arguing about who was more qualified to give me advice. That argument took the form of one person giving advice and the other criticising that advice, so the latter was not very helpful. I have therefore inflicted some of my banter to try and diffuse the situation.:wink:

Trackpad still not working. I tried the paper trick and no water at all.:dontknow:

Oh stop it now :mmm:

Heh :hmmm: that sucks, I'm too tired to make sense rn but I'll ask Pops tomorra if he has any other bright ideas (expect nothing) :wink:
Oh stop it now :mmm:

Heh :hmmm: that sucks, I'm too tired to make sense rn but I'll ask Pops tomorra if he has any other bright ideas (expect nothing) :wink:

Haha cheers. My main concern is DSA and how I approach those questions in the assessment to be honest but it'll work itself out in the end.
Original post by 04MR17
Haha cheers. My main concern is DSA and how I approach those questions in the assessment to be honest but it'll work itself out in the end.

:yy:
DSA :erm:
I don't think I'm going to get much out of Dad [erm I may have forgotten that it is his birthday today :emo:]
I don't think I'm going to get much out of Dad [erm I may have forgotten that it is his birthday today :emo:]

You better get on the Amazon same day delivery, or even 1 hour if you are one of those lucky people.
no no I mean I got his present in advance I just forgot that it was today that I had to give it
Was woken up by my brother at 9am who said "wake up time for Dad to open his presents"
and I was so confused :emo:
rip me in the mornings
You better get on the Amazon same day delivery, or even 1 hour if you are one of those lucky people.
no no I mean I got his present in advance I just forgot that it was today that I had to give it
Was woken up by my brother at 9am who said "wake up time for Dad to open his presents"
and I was so confused :emo:
rip me in the mornings

:console:

Its not all bad then.
:console:

Its not all bad then.

:hugs: Ty :emo:
Definitely not :mmm: He appreciated the card (@04MR17 :giggle:) and we're getting an Indian meal later
11/10 :colone:
DSA :erm:
Disabled Students Allowance.

That's ok.
:hugs: Ty :emo:
Definitely not :mmm: He appreciated the card (@04MR17 :giggle:) and we're getting an Indian meal later
11/10 :colone:
Hi 04MR17,

What’s the status now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending