volsung92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As an international student I would really like to arrive the week before everything starts, say Sept. 15, does anyone know if there are accommodation options for this? I have an email into BGP and UoN's Accomodation office asking essentially the same thing, but does anyone know off hand if early move in is possible? Thanks!
retardis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most don't start until freshers week, 24th or thereabouts. The only way you can get round it is rent a 2nd/3rd years house for a week but obviously that will involve transporting your stuff to your uni accommodation. The time in September is used to prep the rooms so it's really hard to get them to start before but as an international you may be able to convince some of the self-catered accommodation to do so.
volsung92
Rep:
?
Thanks ! I suppose worst case scenario I just go for the International Student welcome on the 21st .
Citizen4
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by volsung92)
As an international student I would really like to arrive the week before everything starts, say Sept. 15, does anyone know if there are accommodation options for this? I have an email into BGP and UoN's Accomodation office asking essentially the same thing, but does anyone know off hand if early move in is possible? Thanks!
International students typically start to move in 1 week before freshers week starts. I think at Nottingham most students move on the Saturday and Sunday before freshers week. You'd be able to move in 5 days or so before others. I know this is the case for Broadgate park I'm not sure about other accommodation options.
volsung92
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aidan.reed)
International students typically start to move in 1 week before freshers week starts. I think at Nottingham most students move on the Saturday and Sunday before freshers week. You'd be able to move in 5 days or so before others. I know this is the case for Broadgate park I'm not sure about other accommodation options.
Thanks - that's really good to know. Hopefully, they get back to me by Monday so I can book my flights!
Citizen4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks - that's really good to know. Hopefully, they get back to me by Monday so I can book my flights!
You're welcome! Where are you flying from and what will you be studying?
volsung92
Rep:
?
You're welcome! Where are you flying from and what will you be studying?
I'll be flying in from the US, and I'll be in the Viking & Anglo-Saxon Studies MA program . What about you?
Citizen4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'll be flying in from the US, and I'll be in the Viking & Anglo-Saxon Studies MA program . What about you?
Oh nice, good luck. I'll be studying Computer Science
volsung92
Rep:
?
Oh nice, good luck. I'll be studying Computer Science
Very cool! I almost picked up a CS minor in undergrad, so I know how fun (and somewhat addictive) pages of code can be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (57)
29.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed