The Student Room Group

AS further maths 2017-2018

Hi, I just finished my first year of A levels and I'm wondering if it'll be possible next year to do AS further maths (3 modules only ,M1,D1,FP1) even though it'll be linear.
Reply 1
Hi, that's what I did! Carried 3 A Levels through to year 2 and also started self teaching a further maths AS. Your school will probably be open to you attending lower sixth classes if you aren't into self teaching.

I'm not sure what you mean by linear - if you mean maths is transitioning from modular to linear then that may be a problem and you'll want to ask someone or get in touch with the exam board.
Original post by Labib98
Hi, I just finished my first year of A levels and I'm wondering if it'll be possible next year to do AS further maths (3 modules only ,M1,D1,FP1) even though it'll be linear.

All units of the existing specification will be available in summer 2018. If your school or any other centre will accept you then you could do an AS FM under the current modular specification next year.
Yeah next year is last year of old spec luckily for us.
hey can i still take any A-level old spec even if I haven't done the exam before?
Original post by Aaliyah224
hey can i still take any A-level old spec even if I haven't done the exam before?

for maths yes, for other subjects no
Original post by gdunne42
for maths yes, for other subjects no

Thanks for the reply.

Someone told me I can't sit further maths which was odd as it's just for resits.
Original post by Aaliyah224
Thanks for the reply.

Someone told me I can't sit further maths which was odd as it's just for resits.

The someone is definitely wrong.
All maths units can be taken for the first time in summer 2918 and can be retaken (only if already taken) in summer 2019

Quick Reply

Latest