The Student Room Group

broke

2 yrs ago i have finished my o levles and my grades were very poor on maths i got g and D on physics e on chemistry D on english and A* on bangla as a language subject. after that there was a 1 year gap due to family problem. then again i started my A levels because everyone said that those marks doesnt count for uni. than after 6 mnth when i was talkin to one of my friends brother he wanted to know my goals and what am i studiying. i told him that i want to be a pilot. then he wanted to know about my o levles result. when i told him he said "look you can join aviation academy after your o levles but you have to repeat your o levels again coz you had very poor grades.then i went to search for that and some of the academy want o and A levels both and some dont. now i dont know what to do. i was preparing for AS in next jan. but now im loosing my focus i dont even know what should i do. if i have to start over my o levels again ? please help
Original post by Ishak Farzaz
2 yrs ago i have finished my o levles and my grades were very poor on maths i got g and D on physics e on chemistry D on english and A* on bangla as a language subject. after that there was a 1 year gap due to family problem. then again i started my A levels because everyone said that those marks doesnt count for uni. than after 6 mnth when i was talkin to one of my friends brother he wanted to know my goals and what am i studiying. i told him that i want to be a pilot. then he wanted to know about my o levles result. when i told him he said "look you can join aviation academy after your o levles but you have to repeat your o levels again coz you had very poor grades.then i went to search for that and some of the academy want o and A levels both and some dont. now i dont know what to do. i was preparing for AS in next jan. but now im loosing my focus i dont even know what should i do. if i have to start over my o levels again ? please help

This sounds a bit dubious, but giving you the benefit of the troll doubt:

Look at this website: https://www.caa.co.uk/Blog-Posts/How-to-become-a-commercial-pilot/

You need to do some proper research by looking into the respected and trusted organisations within the airline industry. Becoming a pilot is a dream of many school boys that unfortunately, few will ever achieve.

The simple reason is that competition is fierce - worse than that for places at top universities in law and medicine. So you will need to be at the top of your game.

Then there is the question of costs which will be upwards of £100,000 over a two or more year span. More if you opt for a university degree up front.

A career as an airline pilot can be very rewarding. But, it is vital that anyone contemplating a career on the flight deck does some serious homework before taking the first step.

Good luck, but please do be realistic and always have a fall-back plan.

Quick Reply

Latest