The Student Room Group

FIFA 16 vs FIFA 17

Which one is better?

I've just played them both and honestly, FIFA 16 is much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

i cant remember fifa 16 too much all i know is both are aids infested and nowhere near e-sports ready. Im probably marginally better this year than last. I won d1 this year but never did last year
Moved to Gaming
Asif they are any different.. fifa 98 is the same as fifa 17 as the concept of football has never changed, kick ball in net to get a point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Got Milk
Asif they are any different.. fifa 98 is the same as fifa 17 as the concept of football has never changed, kick ball in net to get a point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the actual physics and graphics 👍👍👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
Which one is better?

I've just played them both and honestly, FIFA 16 is much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

New one is most likely better, but they are both literally identical to me.
Reply 6
Original post by monkeyman0121
New one is most likely better, but they are both literally identical to me.

The new one they have changed the way you take set pieces and I find it terrible

The gameplay is much smoother on FIFA 16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
17 would be a great game but the online input lag simgle handedly ruins it completely.
Original post by Kyx
The new one they have changed the way you take set pieces and I find it terrible

The gameplay is much smoother on FIFA 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

I prefer the old ones as they are not about IRL currencies. Also they look much better to me, graphics are not really important.
I've played nearly every FIFA since 2005/2006 and they are all s*** apart from FIFA 13.
Fifa 16 was much easier to play with, very easy to tackle and shoot the goal. I find Fifa 17 to be much complicated to play. I hardly can even keep the ball for few seconds. It is very tough to play. I guess the graphics are the same, I would say that fifa 17 is an incremental upgrade to fifa 16. I would stick with fifa 16, it's suits much better for me.
Reply 11
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Fifa 16 was much easier to play with, very easy to tackle and shoot the goal. I find Fifa 17 to be much complicated to play. I hardly can even keep the ball for few seconds. It is very tough to play. I guess the graphics are the same, I would say that fifa 17 is an incremental upgrade to fifa 16. I would stick with fifa 16, it's suits much better for me.

Agreed 😂😂😂😂

FIFA 17 is much more difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
Agreed 😂😂😂😂

FIFA 17 is much more difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am learning it, I need at least a month to be great at it :lol:
Reply 13
14 was the best
Original post by Wikia
14 was the best

Totally agree. Fifa 14 felt less restrictive, and the pace might have been slightly unrealistic, but it was much more fun breaking away from people on the counter, if they couldn't defend properly.

Now on the new fifa, there's no space to move the ball around, the play feels completely restrictive. Players lower than 80 rated find it impossible to score, which is completely unrealistic.

I might go to Pro Evolution Soccer next year. You can get the official kits anyway, by downloading a patch online, and the play is more fun and open. The commentary is funny and quirky. It's just that some of the game modes aren't as good as fifa, and less well known players are never going to look like they do in real life, unlike fifa which face scans way more players.

Either way, I'll probably buy both games and play the one that grips me more and has the more fun gameplay.
FIFA 17 - better !
it is my opinion)
good luck!
I prefer 17. Please check out my YouTube channel which offers hilarious FIFA content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogGuuQ7kp8
music in 16 is better than the music in 17 :dontknow:

personally find them both equally as boring xD
The only real difference is in price.
Reply 19
Original post by bobby147
The only real difference is in price.

I still have FIFA 10 for my PS2.

Quick Reply

Latest