Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Bath in northern speak:

Baff.

Bath in southern speak:

Barth.

Forgive me, just one of the things I noticed when I went to Uni of Baff (I'm from the northern part of the Midlands - which is north enough), to watch Team Bath (that student team that had 2 students on it!) vs Mansfield Town in the FA Cup R1 last year.
    Actually, those with a wiltshire/somerset accent tend to say Baff too or something like it. Those who have escaped picking it up say Barth. Everyone thinks southern people have RP accents becuase Camilla Parker-Bowles and such like hang out there! Bristol is the worst - like Wiltshire only harsher. Some great coloquialisms though, incl. 'arl reight me lubber?' (how are you doing mate?) 'Ez guurt lush' (it's great) and 'Whurzat too' (where is that place then?)

Get me out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Does anyone have the problem of really bad concentration when studying or revising? Every 10mins or so I seem to go in day-dream phase. Either that, or unconciously I start doodling and colouring things in on the page!!! I think that might be the reason I got A's in subjects like french and philosophy (no revision required for me) and B's in subjects like maths.

Can anyone advise me on how to get round this problem? In an hour's "study time" i only seem to manage 15mins of revision!! I need to sort this out for next year.
    i had this problem toooo. I tried going to local lib. and that kinda worked, better than staying at home neway!
    But sure ull be fine for next year dont wori!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul)
    i had this problem toooo. I tried going to local lib. and that kinda worked, better than staying at home neway!
    But sure ull be fine for next year dont wori!
    yeah hes rite!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.