The Student Room Group

BCAT test help

Hey guys, I'm in my final year studying my law degree and I'm on track to obtain a high 2:1. I'm hoping to undertake the bptc next September. I've taken 2 bcat practice tests online, the first time getting a marginal pass, and second time failing. I was really disheartened because I've already been put off the bptc because of lack of pupillages and the cost. I know it's really expensive and you only get 3 attempts a year. Has anyone got any advice on the bcat? Thanks!
As far as I'm aware, there's no "book" for these. However, and I say this kindly, but these tests are really difficult to fail. If you're doing well at university, perhaps there's some other reasonable explanation (such as you don't do particularly well at this kind of test) and it may be worth speaking to your university support departments to ask. Perhaps also find similar tests online and practice on those?

Here's a thought - why start the BPTC right now? You're doing your LLB - there is zero rush. I am not going to speculate on your CV but given that there's plenty of time, why not take a year out, get a paralegal job, get some advocacy experience, get a scholarship - all things you could do before you fork out 20K or so for this course. Please note that pupillage is extremely competitive; this isn't just a saying, it's really hard to realise just how competitive it is until you get there, at which point it may be too late. Plenty of candidates with decent scholarships and experience don't necessarily get pupillage at all, and/or get it several years after the BPTC. Take your time - there is no rush.
Well, don't lose heart just yet. Like I said, could be a good reason why you haven't passed it, although I didn't realise the pass mark has been increased, so maybe the test is a lot harder now.

What I would think much more strongly about is starting the BPTC without funding in place. There is no rush, you may not get pupillage on the BPTC so you'd end up doing paralegal work anyway, so you might be better off waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending