ellabuckley.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing a prize essay on explorations of gender in the past. I know Shakespeare loved to mess around with gender roles and the like, but I can't really find anything else that isn't a textbook, really. Any suggestions? Thank you!
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not exactly 'in the past' but The Wasp Factory is a (very graphic) book which involves gender issues. I think there must be lots of classics, possibly those written by women, that explore ideas of gender, perhaps with crossdressing themes similar to those in Shakespeare. If you're really looking in the past there's a fair amount in the Odyssey with role reversal and similarly for lots of Greek plays (particularly thinking Euripides' Medea and Electra and Aeschylus' Agamemnon).
cherryblossoming
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The Color Purple I think would be quite good for an exploration on gender
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.35%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads