DonutMerchant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I have just passed year 1 of Law and although I've managed to secure some good grades I want to be better prepared for next year. Therefore, can anyone tell me what is on the reading list for Year 2 Law so that I can read them ahead of time? Or where could I request this information?

Thank you very much!
TheArch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DonutMerchant)
Hello,

I have just passed year 1 of Law and although I've managed to secure some good grades I want to be better prepared for next year. Therefore, can anyone tell me what is on the reading list for Year 2 Law so that I can read them ahead of time? Or where could I request this information?

Thank you very much!

Bit late, but here you go;

Main textbooks are (you'll be provided with the latest editions);

Tort Law; J Steele, Tort Law: Text, Cases and Materials (2014) (henceforth known as ‘Steele’) + contract, tort & restitution statute book

Equity & Trusts; Alastair Hudson, Equity and Trusts (2016) + land law statute book

Land Law; Bogusz, B. and Sexton, R, Complete Land Law: Text, Cases and Materials, (4th Edition); OUP, Oxford, 2015 + land law statute book

European Union Law; Steiner and Woods EU LAW(OUP, 12th ed. 2014) + EU law statute book

There are many more which will be recommended by the module leaders, so I'm only providing you with the ones you should read. Tort and EU are quite tough reads, however, so I personally used additional textbooks which are all available in the library, many of which are from the recommendations list in the handouts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (143)
42.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.43%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.95%

Watched Threads