Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what this Ryan Adams' (former singer of Whiskeytown) song is about? He must have had a bad experience ("English girls can be so mean").

ReputationRep:
    Most people seem to think it's about Beth Orton, they had a relationship a while ago I think...

"Tall drink of water, she's a Norfolk waterfall"
    She's 6ft, and was born in Norfolk

"Little daybreaker"
    She made an album called 'Daybreaker'

"Come on Elizabeth, come on a Bethany"
    pretty obvious....

Anybody got any other theories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by another_katie)
    Most people seem to think it's about Beth Orton, they had a relationship a while ago I think...

"Tall drink of water, she's a Norfolk waterfall"
    She's 6ft, and was born in Norfolk

"Little daybreaker"
    She made an album called 'Daybreaker'

"Come on Elizabeth, come on a Bethany"
    pretty obvious....

Anybody got any other theories?
    Thanks for your insight. I never knew Ryan Adams had a relationship with Beth Orton. He could have found better than that tall lanky girl (but she does have an amazingly beautiful voice).
    So he probably based his theories on just one english girl he met. I doubt he ever stayed in the UK much.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.