The Student Room Group
Reply 1
W*W*J*D
my dad earns more than £30k but my mum is @ home do i get any sort of financial help @ uni towards fees ?! it's not fair if i dont! btw i don't get EMA :mad: no one @ college will give me a precise answer :frown:

You'll probably have to pay some fees, whether you pay full amount or not will depend on your Dad's income. EMA has nothing to do with it. Also, it will affect the amount of loan you get. And why isn't it fair?
Reply 2
I have a feeling the cut of point is around the £30k mark but I am not too sure. PQ will know for sure. I know my parents earn slightly less than £20k and I get all my fees paid.
Reply 3
amazingtrade
I have a feeling the cut of point is around the £30k mark but I am not too sure. PQ will know for sure. I know my parents earn slightly less than £20k and I get all my fees paid.

i believe that families earning less than £15,970 will qualify for the full tuition fees being paid for them. those on £15,971 to £22,270 will pay fees on a sliding scale.

The cut-off point for fee remission is higher: students from families more than £33,533 will be expected to pay full amount.
Reply 4
timeofyourlife
i believe that families earning less than £15,970 will qualify for the full tuition fees being paid for them. those on £15,971 to £22,270 will pay fees on a sliding scale.

The cut-off point for fee remission is higher: students from families more than £33,533 will be expected to pay full amount.

My dad gets a pension and I inclded that in his earnings, they must exclude pensions from the list then.
Reply 5
amazingtrade
My dad gets a pension and I inclded that in his earnings, they must exclude pensions from the list then.

sorry, got my figures wrong. those were for the new style tuition fees coming up.

currently..

"if this figure is less than £21,475, they will not have to contribute to fees during 2004/2005. If the residual income is £31,973 or above, then they will be expected to pay the full amount (£1125 for 2003/2004)."

Latest