13 US states unite (30% of USA population) against Trump on climate change

Watch
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
From Vox
"A coalition is forming, a Blue America, and at least on climate change, it is going beyond mere resistance to a more proactive role, negotiating with the international community on its own behalf, like a separate nation"
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...-america-trump

From wiki
The United States Climate Alliance is a bipartisan group of states in the United States that are committed to upholding the objectives of the 2015 Paris Agreement on climate change within their borders ... The 13 members of the Alliance as of June 7, 2017, made up 30.6% of the U.S. population and 35.9% of U.S. GDP as of 2016.

"If I'm president, we will win on everything we do". - Donald Trump.

So much winning. Too much winning.
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reformed2010)
From Vox
"A coalition is forming, a Blue America, and at least on climate change, it is going beyond mere resistance to a more proactive role, negotiating with the international community on its own behalf, like a separate nation"

From wiki
The United States Climate Alliance is a bipartisan group of states in the United States that are committed to upholding the objectives of the 2015 Paris Agreement on climate change within their borders ... The 13 members of the Alliance as of June 7, 2017, made up 30.6% of the U.S. population and 35.9% of U.S. GDP as of 2016.

What about the other 69.4%? California and NY dislike him and they have to be two of the most populous states. committed to upholding doesn't really count for much.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
California is trash, make the Wall slightly more northern.
Scottish Person
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From Vox

From wiki

30% is disappointing tbh It should be 100%! How can anyone be ignorant or selfish enough to support the idea of condemning future generations? It is beyond chilling.
23 and Grey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
>Not even one third of Americans are standing against Trump's unprecedented withdrawal.

Wew LAD
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MildredMalone)
Without California, your precious America would be much less well off. But whatever lol
The Kings Avatar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The majority of the US populace is uneducated, so i guess the only reason he's still standing is cause he has blind followers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From Vox

From wiki

shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's more than a little concerning that it's only 30% that disagree.
Reformed2010
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by MildredMalone)
Daaamn that is some good trash. Considering the net benefit California contributes to the USA in terms of taxes, the global tech and entertainment industry, number of commercial patents and skilled labour. I'd love to have that kind of trash, might pay off my student debts and have deposit for a house come Christmas!
UnluckyMage
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It does not surprise me that America is not going to submit to European scientific dogma which is liable to be disproved in a few decades.
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where's the story here? This just shows that there is a minority in the United States who disagree with Trump's strategy on tackling climate change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads