The Student Room Group

Boyfriend problems

I have just finished my exams and it was my birthday a few days ago. I went on a night out and met my boyfriend in town, however he went home early because he was too drunk and was throwing up, however before this he barely acknowledged me and I hadn't seen him in a while because I had just finished exams. Anyway, when he was leaving I basically screamed at him and told him I was done with him, I obviously regret doing this, I lost my virginity to this guy, its my first relationship and I really like him. Today we talked about it, and he said he doesn't think hes ready for a relationship because hes too immature, he plays too much sport and spends a lot of time with his friends, he keeps saying it's not my fault. But, he was the one who asked me to be his girlfriend. I'm meeting up with him in town on Monday afternoon, do you think he will end things? It's the start of summer and we've barely had time to see each other, just think it would be a waste to end things before they got good..
Reply 1
It sounds a bit like he's ready to move on from your relationship. If he's admitting to being too immature, then at least he's (ironically) mature enough to own up to it. Like you said, he's your first which will make him a significant person in your tale, but it doesn't mean that it has to so bad. It isn't the best time to break up, but you will have the whole summer to get over him and have fun. Become an individual again and enjoy things without him because it does sound like he's ready to break up with you.
Reply 2
Original post by Smud
It sounds a bit like he's ready to move on from your relationship. If he's admitting to being too immature, then at least he's (ironically) mature enough to own up to it. Like you said, he's your first which will make him a significant person in your tale, but it doesn't mean that it has to so bad. It isn't the best time to break up, but you will have the whole summer to get over him and have fun. Become an individual again and enjoy things without him because it does sound like he's ready to break up with you.

Yeh, It would just hurt seeing him with other girls/getting with other people, I don't know whether he wants to be single because he cant deal with the burden of a relationship, or to hes not ready to commit to one person, and still wants to be with the other girls? Thats what has hurt me the most, it was also my 18th birthday all of these happened, not great.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeh, It would just hurt seeing him with other girls/getting with other people, I don't know whether he wants to be single because he cant deal with the burden of a relationship, or to hes not ready to commit to one person, and still wants to be with the other girls? Thats what has hurt me the most, it was also my 18th birthday all of these happened, not great.

Being a person who had been dumped at a pretty crucial time, I cans sympathise that his timing will make it feel worse. But then again, it was your 18th and he couldn't even make it happy for that one night? It will suck, I won't lie to you there. But would you really want to stay with him with all these doubts and (what sounds like) a lack of committment from him? My advice would be to accept it if he does break up with you. If you are meant to be, you will be. Maybe now isn't the time for you two though.
Reply 4
Original post by Smud
Being a person who had been dumped at a pretty crucial time, I cans sympathise that his timing will make it feel worse. But then again, it was your 18th and he couldn't even make it happy for that one night? It will suck, I won't lie to you there. But would you really want to stay with him with all these doubts and (what sounds like) a lack of committment from him? My advice would be to accept it if he does break up with you. If you are meant to be, you will be. Maybe now isn't the time for you two though.

I guess thats true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending