Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Subject choices watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Ive got 2more days left to decide final AS choices. I was up in scool for an advice day today and was talkin to teachers bout subjects, but im still not sure what2do. I kno im doin bio and ict. But i dont know what uni course to follow so everyonbes tellin me to do chem to keep my options open. But i think itll be really hard, so is it worth doin wen im not sure if ill even need it, just to keep options open???

And shud I do RE or Geography? Cause I really like Geography, but its quite hard, and I dont mind Re and it shud be an easy enough A-level,
    any thoughts?????

xox

ReputationRep:
    Definitely do geography, it's the best! Saying that, the AS can get quite boring as there is hardly and step up from GCSE to AS (well that's what i found). Also, it goes well with biology and is a bridge between sciences and arts.

RE would be fine as your fourth choice if you like it

Chemistry is renowned for its difficulty. If i were you i'd do ICT, biology, geography and RE.

ReputationRep:
    i totally agree. if your school is doing nuffield chem especially i would never wish it upon you. chem is supposed to be the hardest a level, even tho it will help you a bit with bio. dont risk it unless you lov chem. i'd do IT BIO RE and GeoG. it and re are well easy. if you are bright, with this combination perhaps you can choose another subject, as it will be so easy!

ReputationRep:
    RE A2 is easy, is it? I doubt you would still hold that opinion if you'd done the Pauline Theology option!

ReputationRep:
    Geography and RE are the best options. Forget Chemistry in my opinion, Biology is bad enough. It should be ICT, Geography, RE and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_Dreamer)
    Hi everyone

Ive got 2more days left to decide final AS choices. I was up in scool for an advice day today and was talkin to teachers bout subjects, but im still not sure what2do. I kno im doin bio and ict. But i dont know what uni course to follow so everyonbes tellin me to do chem to keep my options open. But i think itll be really hard, so is it worth doin wen im not sure if ill even need it, just to keep options open???

And shud I do RE or Geography? Cause I really like Geography, but its quite hard, and I dont mind Re and it shud be an easy enough A-level,
    any thoughts?????

xox
    languages !:>
    prepares for incoming hate at mention of the l word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_Dreamer)
    Hi everyone

any thoughts?????

xox
    RE/RS at Alevel is insane. It is *not* easy. Don't be fooled into believing that one, you'll get a nasty shock when you get to the exams. However it is fascinating, and you'll definitely enjoy it at Alevel.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.