textile design gcse sewing machine

Watch this thread
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you need to buy a sewing machine to take Textile Design as gcse? My sewing skills are not great never touched a sewing machine at home . any idea what would be a good buy ? my budget is £100.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laboromniavincit)
Do you need to buy a sewing machine to take Textile Design as gcse? My sewing skills are not great never touched a sewing machine at home . any idea what would be a good buy ? my budget is £100.
No, you don't need to buy your own - the equipment you need will be in school.

I'd use their machines and find out which suit you before you buy one.
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
No, you don't need to buy your own - the equipment you need will be in school.

I'd use their machines and find out which suit you before you buy one.
Thanks for your advice. Did you take Textiles as your GCSE ? I am in desperate need for some revision notes , I am on AQA board . I have still not bought any book but would like to do some reading to get myself acquainted with the subject. Please could you help or point me in the right direction?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laboromniavincit)
Thanks for your advice. Did you take Textiles as your GCSE ? I am in desperate need for some revision notes , I am on AQA board . I have still not bought any book but would like to do some reading to get myself acquainted with the subject. Please could you help or point me in the right direction?
I'm a maths teacher but did Needlework [as it was called then].

When the Textiles teacher was ill then I had to help out with lessons! I still make things and help with costumes for the school play.

Try googling for AQA revision notes or go to a library -
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads