The Student Room Group

making money online

Hi, I'm 2 years into a BSc and need to make money. I don't really want to do a part time job getting £7 an hour and would rather see what i can make online. Please help :smile:

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM:

Tutoring pays up to £24 per hour - apply to become a tutor here

We've made a top 8 list of ways to make money online without getting a part-time job here
(edited 5 years ago)
dont become me
Reply 2
The only money I really know you can make online are through:

A) Doing surveys
B) Becoming a famous youtuber

Surveys get you pittance and take ages (and often can only be redeemed through gift vouchers) and it is wholly unlikely that you'll become a famous youtuber soon enough to earn you any money.

You're probably better off just sucking it up and getting a job mate, sorry:frown:
1) Surveys - Absolutely shite and won't get you shite
2) Reviews - Better than surveys, if you review things like music, games, or become a tester, you can earn money, but again, it's small
3) Selling content - 3D models, art, graphics, music, game items (CS:GO, TF2), accounts
4) Get a job from home
Reply 4
Original post by AveTrueToCaesar
1) Surveys - Absolutely shite and won't get you shite
2) Reviews - Better than surveys, if you review things like music, games, or become a tester, you can earn money, but again, it's small
3) Selling content - 3D models, art, graphics, music, game items (CS:GO, TF2), accounts
4) Get a job from home

Ok. Thanks. I've heard of matched betting but the sites all charge stupid amounts of money to join. If I could find a free one, that'd be cool
Buying and selling stuff on Ebay (preused Xbox, PS4 games and then reselling them) (also buying from job lots, bankrupt stock and re-selling them on Ebay)

-Also you could buy network cards, sd cards for cheap and then sell them on Ebay.

-You can also build and sell gaming pc's on Ebay, buy all the components for £240 and sell for £340. Gaming pc's are very much in demand on Ebay and you can sell 2-3 per week.
Reply 6
Original post by Analyst89
Buying and selling stuff on Ebay (preused Xbox, PS4 games and then reselling them) (also buying from job lots, bankrupt stock and re-selling them on Ebay)

-Also you could buy network cards, sd cards for cheap and then sell them on Ebay.

-You can also build and sell gaming pc's on Ebay, buy all the components for £240 and sell for £340. Gaming pc's are very much in demand on Ebay and you can sell 2-3 per week.

Thanks. Great idea!
People are suggesting Surveys but they're probably the worst thing to use. It took me 2 years to make £5 via Surveys :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by slowe973
Thanks. Great idea!

You're welcome!

Remember, advertise the gaming pc on Ebay first and once you get an order in, then use that money to make the gaming pc and the rest will be profit. As I said, you sold for £340 and it only takes £240 to build (case, processor, graphics card-Nvidia geforce gt710, memory RAM, etc).

So you profit £100

Good luck
Reply 9
making money online? More like getting caught up in a scam online.
The internet is just not a safe place to make money, there are lots of hackers and shady businesses out there ready to take advantage of you.
Reply 10
Original post by The RAR
making money online? More like getting caught up in a scam online.
The internet is just not a safe place to make money, there are lots of hackers and shady businesses out there ready to take advantage of you.

Thanks. To be honest, I'm not looking for anything dodgy. Just buying and selling, or something mainstream like matched betting.
Original post by slowe973
Hi, I'm 2 years into a BSc and need to make money. I don't really want to do a part time job getting £7 an hour and would rather see what i can make online. Please help :smile:

I've spent many hours looking for different ways to earn on the internet and this is by far my favourite, and also the easiest! You might of heard of EngageMe.TV and VideoLoyalty.

My preferred payment method for this is GrindaBuck, the reason for this is that I love their reward schemes and events they host. Their customer support is simply excellent and although they require $10 for the first cash out, this can be done in a single night if you're up for the challenge.

Ref for GrindaBuck If you want to obviously, hope you do :smile:
Once you've signed up - you should get a free 100 GrindaBucks from ref link

Head over to the EngageMe.TV button. You should see it if you scroll down the homepage. Then simply select the playlist you want (I find that Food and App trailers pays the best for me)
Set it to a separate window (i.e. remove it from the tabs into it's own window.) Then leave it running in the background.

The reason the method is so simple:
-It requires 0 input from you once you've started the videos
-The videos run on a loop so you never have to refresh the browser or restart the playlist.
-The money you can make from it is actually quite impressive in the long run.

Note: in the UK the Video Loyalty method doesn't work as well due to the amount adverts we're given. I only use 1 device at the moment, you can use up to 3 which will triple your earnings! If you have an android phone they have an app (i use an old android phone) I make around 30-50$/month without much hassle.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending