Lucofthewoods
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wondering how specific titles are etc so titles would be helpful and also was your topic linked to one of your a levels?
computernerd1001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was about computing, as I want to do computer science at university.
It can be pretty much as specific as you want, as long as you can collect enough research on the topic, and it isn't too broad.
Mine was "How can the use of technology and technological-based games be used to help educate young children?"

If you want to do something linked with your a levels, make sure there is no overlap in content. It's not allowed.

Good luck
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was regarding the nutrient status of local reservoirs. It was kind of linked to both my biology and geography A Levels, but you have to consider that you're not allowed to do about a topic that is covered thoroughly in your subject specifications. It was also related to my university course, as I want to study environmental science
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was 'The extinction of the dinosaurs: an asteroid or a different cause?'. I researched the different theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs at the end of the Cretaceous, and compared each theory (and the evidence for and against them) to the asteroid impact theory, which is the most widely accepted one. I then came to a conclusion on whether the asteroid impact theory is actually the most likely. My topic was linked to my geology A Level, however EPQ topics can't directly overlap with any part of the specification for any subject you're taking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.42%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.84%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.58%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (69)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.36%

Watched Threads