Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi so in my first year on my maintenance loan it came up on one figure at £8000ish, I've re applied as i am now not living at home and i have put that i am living in student accomodation for my second year and i have recieved two figures. £3,928 for the maintenance fee which is the bare minimum that is given to everybody, but also a higher amount of maintenance fee which says 'Up to £4,502'. Does this mean that i can only get up to $4,502 in total or do i have to wait for my application to be looked at and my parents financials to be assessed?

Also will my chances of getting the full maintenance fee be effected as i don't think my course is over the 30 weeks and 3 days.

I feel like i am overthinking it all but my friends doing the same course who i am moving in with next year all have one figure and no signs of this 'Higher amount of student finance'
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebluebox4898)
    Hi so in my first year on my maintenance loan it came up on one figure at £8000ish, I've re applied as i am now not living at home and i have put that i am living in student accomodation for my second year and i have recieved two figures. £3,928 for the maintenance fee which is the bare minimum that is given to everybody, but also a higher amount of maintenance fee which says 'Up to £4,502'. Does this mean that i can only get up to $4,502 in total or do i have to wait for my application to be looked at and my parents financials to be assessed?

Also will my chances of getting the full maintenance fee be effected as i don't think my course is over the 30 weeks and 3 days.

I feel like i am overthinking it all but my friends doing the same course who i am moving in with next year all have one figure and no signs of this 'Higher amount of student finance'
    Have your parents sent off their household income details for 15/16 tax year?

Until they do SFE won't update the loan amount to allow for a low income.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have the same problem and I am so worried, did you end up getting the £8000 or did it remain at £4502??

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.