The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan wrong amount and higher amount of maintenance loan?

Hi so in my first year on my maintenance loan it came up on one figure at £8000ish, I've re applied as i am now not living at home and i have put that i am living in student accomodation for my second year and i have recieved two figures. £3,928 for the maintenance fee which is the bare minimum that is given to everybody, but also a higher amount of maintenance fee which says 'Up to £4,502'. Does this mean that i can only get up to $4,502 in total or do i have to wait for my application to be looked at and my parents financials to be assessed?

Also will my chances of getting the full maintenance fee be effected as i don't think my course is over the 30 weeks and 3 days.

I feel like i am overthinking it all but my friends doing the same course who i am moving in with next year all have one figure and no signs of this 'Higher amount of student finance'
Reply 1
The maximum loan is £8430, which is what the two figures add up to. It's a bit weird that they have separated the two loans for you but I'd call to double check that.
The full maintenance loan of £8430 has nothing to do with the course being over 30 weeks and 3 days.

You're entitled to a non-income assessed part of £3928 and then there's another part of £4502, hence it saying "up to".

Quick Reply

Latest