The Student Room Group

Do people actually give up their seats on the bus for the elderly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiger Rag
How do you know these school children aren't actually disabled? I've had people do this to me, who like me, look young and healthy. They looked rather sheepish when I pointed out that I'm disabled too.

There are so many busybodies around these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. I have more years to live anyway. Gotta look after number one here
I would, albeit reluctantly, as I dislike standing up.
Original post by Tiger Rag
How do you know these school children aren't actually disabled? I've had people do this to me, who like me, look young and healthy. They looked rather sheepish when I pointed out that I'm disabled too.

Because I know them. They live near me and they always get the same bus as me.
Reply 24
It's natural to me, although once i offered a seat to what i thought was a pregnant lady. She took my seat and as she sat down she said "i hope you didnt offer me this seat because you thought I'm pregnant, but ill take it anyway".. so rude.
Original post by zayn008
It's natural to me, although once i offered a seat to what i thought was a pregnant lady. She took my seat and as she sat down she said "i hope you didnt offer me this seat because you thought I'm pregnant, but ill take it anyway".. so rude.

😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do
Shameful that this elderly gentleman couldn't get a seat. Does no-one have a conscience? I was last to board the bus today from Whitby North Yorkshire to my home 3 miles away with two bags of shopping, a shoulder bag - with shopping - and a walking stick. I'm 72 and four weeks ago had a hip replacement. I live alone and have to do my own shopping. Not one person occupying 'disabled' priority seats volunteered 'their' seat - all adults and all without physical disability - until after a few minutes of bums glued to seats a woman in an ordinary seat gave hers up
Reply 28
Original post by zebby1999
Normally don't have to because there are lots of empty seats but if you had to would you? I was on the bus and saw this elderly gentleman come onto the bus, must have been around mid 80s and absolutely no one offered him their seat. (I would have but I was standing up as well).

NO

Old people are just decrepit husks that should've died decades ago but stick around to leech of the country through pensions.

They should suffer on the tube so they have a diminished will to live. If we all bully old people then more will die.
sometimes. im usually seated because im tired so wont give it up unless i have to

some old people are rude af tho, they just tell you to get up and move😭😂
Yes without hesitation, same goes for someone who is pregnant or someone that looks like they need it more than me. The tube is sometimes so packed it is a bit impractical though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending