Lucofthewoods
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Specifically books other than the AQA textbooks which I'm not too keen on.. I know for Chem there's lots of good websites and YouTube videos but for bio I'm struggling to find much so in particular, any good alternative textbooks/revision guides?
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
Specifically books other than the AQA textbooks which I'm not too keen on.. I know for Chem there's lots of good websites and YouTube videos but for bio I'm struggling to find much so in particular, any good alternative textbooks/revision guides?
Hey! When you're referring to the AQA textbooks, have you tried the CGP books? The student guides are pretty good.

Also, have you had a look on TSR for A-level notes? There's a wealth of them out there

There's also a website called SnapRevise - I don't know if you've heard of it, but a lot of people seem to use it, though it does cost money.

Hope this helps but feel free to ask if you need anything
pinkypaz123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In my free time, I've been learning A-Level Biology and I've found www.alevelnotes.com/Biology/4 very helpful for me. I then use Khan Academy/any other video that goes over what I've just learnt on Youtube to consolidate what I've learnt.

For Chemistry, I'm not sure but I do know that there's quite a lot of notes on TSR, like brainzistheworld has said

I hope that this helps
ChuckNorriss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
  • MaChemGuy (YT Channel, Alevel)
  • A-Level Chemistry by Primrose Kitten (YT Channel)
  • Chris Clay ( YT Channel, Alevel)
  • E Rintoul (YT Channel, Alevel)
  • Allery Chemistry (YT Channel, Alevel)
  • SnapRevise (YT Channel, A-level Chem)
  • Ms Cooper’s A Level Biology (YT Channel)
    • understand biology (YT Channel, Alevel)

Hope this helps.
Blake Jones
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used khan academy, chem guide and http://aleveltopicpapers.com/ocr/biology/ as well as physicsandmathstutor,com (Yeah don't be put off by the name haha!).

Good luck mate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
36.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (10)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.44%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.77%

Watched Threads