The Student Room Group

The best of CNN fake news

What do you think is the best fake news exposing video. I think Paul Joseph Watson had done the best one judging from the comments. The counterfeit news network started faking news generations ago. Even in the first Gulf War CNN was faking news way before the baby boomers with middle class sensibilities could admit that what comes out of their televisions may not be true because they perceived that they had their own professionalism and credibility invested with agreeing with the national news and information infrastructure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Empirical
What do you think is the best fake news exposing video. I think Paul Joseph Watson had done the best one judging from the comments. The counterfeit news network started faking news generations ago. Even in the first Gulf War CNN was faking news way before the baby boomers with middle class sensibilities could admit that what comes out of their televisions may not be true because they perceived that they had their own professionalism and credibility invested with agreeing with the national news and information infrastructure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing I don't understand is that people don't seem to be able to distinguish between making up news or reporting lies that people told. For example, during the Brexit campaign, well regarded news organisations like the BBC, The Guardian, The Times, Reuters, CNN and more besides reported the lie that was Britain could save £350 million a week by leaving the EU. That doesn't mean these news organisations are fake news. They are simply reporting the lies spouted by politicians.

With regard to the Russian involvement by the President. This isn't fake news made up by CNN. It is simply rumours and stories reported by CNN etc. And let us not forget that the head of the FBI and other high profile associates of Trump have been fired over this. If it was fake news, why would he need to fire so many people?

And where was all the "fake news" during the Obama administration?

Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Original post by Mathemagicien
News organisations add their own spin to what their sources say. For example, when the German AfD leader Petry was asked whether she would authorise deadly force 'if necessary' in an interview, and said yes, English news outlets were all saying how she was calling for refugees to be shot (one even unnecessarily made it about shooting refugee children).

Remember when Breitbart reported that muslims were setting fire to a church in a German city? Everyone was calling that fake news, but they didn't 'make it up' as such, they combined and exaggerated seperate incidents into one story. This isn't a strategy unique to Breitbart, although they are more obvious and extreme about it.

I agree with your definition, that is a sensible definition of fake news, but when politicians call the above fake news, then it is unsurprising that people misinterpret fake news as simply news with a spin, and then unsurprising that deduce that all news is fake news.

True. But be careful when lumping all news outlets into one sentence when in reality my guess is that it was the Daily Mail suggesting many of these extreme cases regarding refugees and the like.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hook

Line

And

Sinker

:facepalm2:

That seems to be the standard Trump response. Most reasonable people would just answer the questions. Trump could deny the allegations. Instead he chooses to rant at the press. It is the sort of tactic my 7 year old son uses when you find out he has been lying. He lashes out at you and becomes very shy.
It's silly to assume any major news network is unbiased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending