The Student Room Group

UCL offer

I've applied to UCL chemical engineering and my offer is AAA (A in chemistry and maths). I was wondering how likely it is I would get an accepted if I get A*AB (A* maths and A chemistry) or A*A*B ? Is there anyone you've heard about that's missed their ucl offer by a grade and still got accepted? Thanks for the help in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by robinhood111
I've applied to UCL chemical engineering and my offer is AAA (A in chemistry and maths). I was wondering how likely it is I would get an accepted if I get A*AB (A* maths and A chemistry) or A*A*B ? Is there anyone you've heard about that's missed their ucl offer by a grade and still got accepted? Thanks for the help in advance :smile:

Well, I'm also just a UCL offer holder, so my opinion doesn't really have much weight. However, I doubt it, seeing as so many people will meet the offer, as it's UCL and a really competitive uni.
Original post by pcirise
Well, I'm also just a UCL offer holder, so my opinion doesn't really have much weight. However, I doubt it, seeing as so many people will meet the offer, as it's UCL and a really competitive uni.

Which course are you and applying for ?
I really hope it would be enough 😭 No way have I gotten an A grade in my third subject (further maths)
Reply 3
Which course are you and applying for ?
I really hope it would be enough 😭 No way have I gotten an A grade in my third subject (further maths)

I'd rather not say but my offer is A*AA.
Why do you think you've not got an A in further maths? What UMS did you get last year in AS and what do you think you got in this year's further maths exams?
Original post by pcirise
I'd rather not say but my offer is A*AA.
Why do you think you've not got an A in further maths? What UMS did you get last year in AS and what do you think you got in this year's further maths exams?

It's not economics is it 👀👀
I got 214 ums in AS and this years exams were pretty difficult, FP2 was decent but D2 and FP3 I probably did badly in
Reply 5
It's not economics is it 👀👀
I got 214 ums in AS and this years exams were pretty difficult, FP2 was decent but D2 and FP3 I probably did badly in

No, it isn't economics.
Hmmm, well 480 - 214 = 266.
You said FP2 went well, so let's say u got 95.
266-95 --> you need 171 UMS across FP3 and D2.
I gotta say this does seem pretty dismal.
How badly did D2 and FP3 go? And what do you think the grade boundaries for FP3 will be like?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

BTW, I'm also really scared about meeting my UCL offer. Can't wait till the 17th.
Reply 7

Then again, the only thing we can do is wait. IT ISN'T DECIDED UNTIL RESULTS DAY! Anything is possible and lots of people do get much better results than they were expecting. Good luck! :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by pcirise

You say that but I've heard this isn't uncommon with imperial offer holders and they were still accepted (going by the example the OP gave because it's an equivalent result, but they did mention that they only guarantee your placement if you've met the conditions of the EXACT offer)

this is just what I've heard from imperial admissions talks and their websites, and they're also a very competitive uni
Reply 9
Original post by banter phalanx
You say that but I've heard this isn't uncommon with imperial offer holders and they were still accepted (going by the example the OP gave because it's an equivalent result, but they did mention that they only guarantee your placement if you've met the conditions of the EXACT offer)

this is just what I've heard from imperial admissions talks and their websites, and they're also a very competitive uni

Wow. Well, like I said before, anything can happen. We just need to wait for results day.

Quick Reply

Latest