The Student Room Group

Worried as Ive not achieved anything despite my age

Im 32, female and havent achieved anything in life. I have a mh nursing degree which i didnt use but thats it. Im currently studying another degree in heslthcare but am scored very low on placements as im not picking things up that quick and my communication is bad apparantly i need to learn how to act confident and bantar a bit. I feel like quiting as i think i'l fail my last year next year but then I'l have no achievement/career or nothing.

My hobby since i was 13 has been hurdling but im always comming last or near last in competitions. Ive never had good social skills (always been extremely quiet and apparantly 'offish') and so have never had much of a social life nor could attract guys. I didnt even have a bf till i was 27 he was much older than me but was always rubbing in the fact of my age and that ive never achieved anything in life.

He's the one that got me worrying about my lack of achievement. He said id never had a life and that i was a nerd and wasnt feminine lol. Due to him criticising and me ignoring him the relationship faded. I dont want kids or anything just a relationship with a guy who doesnt criticise and to achieve something otherwise i feel im wasting life.

Sorry about the unusual post lol but just wanted to rant a bit and ask advice maybe.
Achievements are subjective. One persons might be to win the olympics but another person might be happy that they have conquered a ps4 game.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 32, female and havent achieved anything in life. I have a mh nursing degree which i didnt use but thats it. Im currently studying another degree in heslthcare but am scored very low on placements as im not picking things up that quick and my communication is bad apparantly i need to learn how to act confident and bantar a bit. I feel like quiting as i think i'l fail my last year next year but then I'l have no achievement/career or nothing.

My hobby since i was 13 has been hurdling but im always comming last or near last in competitions. Ive never had good social skills (always been extremely quiet and apparantly 'offish':wink: and so have never had much of a social life nor could attract guys. I didnt even have a bf till i was 27 he was much older than me but was always rubbing in the fact of my age and that ive never achieved anything in life.

He's the one that got me worrying about my lack of achievement. He said id never had a life and that i was a nerd and wasnt feminine lol. Due to him criticising and me ignoring him the relationship faded. I dont want kids or anything just a relationship with a guy who doesnt criticise and to achieve something otherwise i feel im wasting life.

Sorry about the unusual post lol but just wanted to rant a bit and ask advice maybe.

I think you need to break up with this guy if you haven't already
Reply 3
But 30s is still young! What are you worrying about? If being a great nurse is what you want, don't quit - put everything in. But if you want to do something else, quit and get on it. People win Nobel Prizes in middle age; you've got plenty of time to get to where you want.

"You can do anything you set your mind to, man."
Original post by 2-99
But 30s is still young! What are you worrying about? If being a great nurse is what you want, don't quit - put everything in. But if you want to do something else, quit and get on it. People win Nobel Prizes in middle age; you've got plenty of time to get to where you want.

"You can do anything you set your mind to, man."

This, I think most people struggle secretly with things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending