The Student Room Group

How are you planning to stay organised at sixth form?

I'm trying to figure out how I should organise myself for sixth form. Everyone recommends a folder for each subject but I feel like bringing in three big folders everyday, along with note paper, would be really heavy. How is everyone planning on doing it? I was thinking I could have three folders at home for each subject, and then bring one folder to school that is separated into three sections for each subject. I could put recent work into the shared folder and then at the end of the week transfer it into the individual folders. I was also thinking of maybe bringing a separate notepad for each subject into school and then typing notes when I get home and putting them in my folder.
Hmm good idea.
Just wondering but at sixth form do you have to purchase your own notebooks or do they provide you with exercise books?
Reply 2
Original post by Daydreamer3
Hmm good idea.
Just wondering but at sixth form do you have to purchase your own notebooks or do they provide you with exercise books?

Depends on your sixth form and subject. For example, I had to buy my own exercise books for maths and chemistry but not biology.
Original post by e2014
I'm trying to figure out how I should organise myself for sixth form. Everyone recommends a folder for each subject but I feel like bringing in three big folders everyday, along with note paper, would be really heavy. How is everyone planning on doing it? I was thinking I could have three folders at home for each subject, and then bring one folder to school that is separated into three sections for each subject. I could put recent work into the shared folder and then at the end of the week transfer it into the individual folders. I was also thinking of maybe bringing a separate notepad for each subject into school and then typing notes when I get home and putting them in my folder.

When I was at sixth form, I took one ring binder to college with me every day. This contained file dividers to separate the work from each of my subjects, and a plastic wallet at the front with fresh lined paper in it (rather than carrying around a whole pad of paper). I also kept a lever arch file at home, into which I transferred the work from the ringbinder once the ring binder was full. Again, the lever arch file had dividers to keep notes for each subject separate :smile:

Original post by Daydreamer3
Hmm good idea.

This depends on the college, for example my sixth form required us to bring in our own lined paper etc, and didn't provide us with any :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest