StudyJosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey,

I've just finished my GCSEs and plan to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science for my A Levels. I also want to do a Computer Science degree at university. I've already got NCS planned this summer but what things do you think will help me on my UCAS or for my courses next year that I should try and do?

Should I try and get work experience and where? Are there any things I must get done this summer to succeed in Year 12 and at university applications? Do I need to do anything to show my interest in Computer Science? Are there any books I should read?

Thanks for the help.
StudyJosh
Rep:
?
bump
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StudyJosh)
Hey,

I've just finished my GCSEs and plan to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science for my A Levels. I also want to do a Computer Science degree at university. I've already got NCS planned this summer but what things do you think will help me on my UCAS or for my courses next year that I should try and do?

Should I try and get work experience and where? Are there any things I must get done this summer to succeed in Year 12 and at university applications? Do I need to do anything to show my interest in Computer Science? Are there any books I should read?

Thanks for the help.
Good choices. I'm also doing very similar subjects and NCS this summer.

Start looking at uni open days and find out what courses and unis suit your path best. Also consider doing the Extended Project (EPQ) - you'll get that option later in your first year. Apparently having it can make your offer requirement lower.
StudyJosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
Good choices. I'm also doing very similar subjects and NCS this summer.

Start looking at uni open days and find out what courses and unis suit your path best. Also consider doing the Extended Project (EPQ) - you'll get that option later in your first year. Apparently having it can make your offer requirement lower.
I see. What subjects will you be doing and do you think an EPQ would be too much work?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads