The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS Midwifery 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radams95
Me too Lynsey! See you there! It’s a group interview, they expect you to be able to engage in a discussion about a midwifery related topic and present a given topic too! X

Aw brilliant! A given topic? What do you mean?
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Is anyone still waiting to hear?
I heard back today Kellyf84, have an interview on the 28th! x
Original post by amylouiseoliver
I heard back today Kellyf84, have an interview on the 28th! x

Aww well done!!!!
I think someone else has an interview that day too on here ... nik???

When did you submit your application?

Good luck for the 28th xx
Original post by Kellyf84
Aww well done!!!!
I think someone else has an interview that day too on here ... nik???

When did you submit your application?

Good luck for the 28th xx

Thank you!
Oh hopefully I bump into Nik?!
And I submitted mine on the 14th Jan.
Have an interview for RGU too but not heard from Napier yet :frown:

Hopefully interviews will go well...ahh so nervous!! xx
Thank you!
Oh hopefully I bump into Nik?!
And I submitted mine on the 14th Jan.
Have an interview for RGU too but not heard from Napier yet :frown:

Hopefully interviews will go well...ahh so nervous!! xx

Aww well done! Are you studying at the moment? I'm not too hopeful now to be honest, I'm a (very) mature student out of education for a while and I submitted my application 12th so if they've moved onto the 14th & I haven't heard anything, I'm assuming it's not good 😬 X
My classmate submitted before me and I got my interview first..she got hers around 10 days later... so don't loose hope :smile:
Original post by FaeMcAlpine
My classmate submitted before me and I got my interview first..she got hers around 10 days later... so don't loose hope :smile:

Aww thank you! ☺️
I'll just need to be a little more patient 😂 It's proving very difficult, I've never been more nervous! C
Original post by Kellyf84
Aww well done! Are you studying at the moment? I'm not too hopeful now to be honest, I'm a (very) mature student out of education for a while and I submitted my application 12th so if they've moved onto the 14th & I haven't heard anything, I'm assuming it's not good 😬 X

I'm doing night classes of higher human biology but that's it! I work full time at the mo and just squeeze that in on a Tuesday haha. No don't lose hope!!! I never thought Id get an interview as I haven't much experience and I was cabin crew for 2 years! No news is defo good news, don't be too disheartened !! I'm also a mature student, of 23 years old xx
It is such a tough process isn't it. Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long now.

My 1st interview at RGU is a week today eeekk xx
It is such a tough process isn't it. Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long now.

My 1st interview at RGU is a week today eeekk xx

How did your interview go? What kind of things did they ask?
Hey,
Sorry for the late reply.. it was really relaxed and In formal.. They gave us a picture each and we had to speak about that and give input about each other's.. Think they are looking at how you interact with each other rather than just what your saying. The only direct question was what is the Midwife role.. the rest was all wherever the conversation flowed.. from breastfeeding to post natal depression etc.
I don't feel like I done that great but it was good experience for UWS.
Hey,
Sorry for the late reply.. it was really relaxed and In formal.. They gave us a picture each and we had to speak about that and give input about each other's.. Think they are looking at how you interact with each other rather than just what your saying. The only direct question was what is the Midwife role.. the rest was all wherever the conversation flowed.. from breastfeeding to post natal depression etc.
I don't feel like I done that great but it was good experience for UWS.

That's good to hear! Thanks for getting back to us :smile: when is your UWS interview? Mine is on the 28th at 10am
Not long now!! Im Monday at 10am 😊 xx
Original post by radams95
Me too Lynsey! See you there! It’s a group interview, they expect you to be able to engage in a discussion about a midwifery related topic and present a given topic too! X

What have you been looking over? I've looked at the general 6cs but i just feel like there is only so much you can do to prepare!
Reply 35
Hi Fae, mine is also on the 28th at 10am x
Aw great hopfully see you there.
How you feeling about it?x
Was just thinking of those of you who were meant to be on Wed.. hope it gets rearranged asap was gutted for everyone that day.
We were meant to start finding out tomo aswell... Darn snow 🙈🙈
Hi gals, how did yous get on? did you hear back from UWS? Had my interview yesterday and have the absolute fear!! xxx
Hi gals, how did yous get on? did you hear back from UWS? Had my interview yesterday and have the absolute fear!! xxx

I also interviewed yesterday and haven't heard yet!

Quick Reply

Latest