emily569
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I am currently studying for my mocks which are in two weeks and I finished all my revision notes but I need help with bonds. I just get confused at which bonds I need to remember and where the occur e.g. Peptide bond between two amino acids makes a polypeptide.

So, can you please tell me all the bonds I need to know and where they occur
Thank you
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emily569)
Hi, I am currently studying for my mocks which are in two weeks and I finished all my revision notes but I need help with bonds. I just get confused at which bonds I need to remember and where the occur e.g. Peptide bond between two amino acids makes a polypeptide.

So, can you please tell me all the bonds I need to know and where they occur
Thank you
Ester bonds in triglycerides
Hydrogen bonds with DNA bases
Phosphodiester bonds for sugar phosphate backbone in DNA nucleotides
Peptide bonds in proteins
Glycosidic bonds between monosaccharides
Also you've got disulphides bridges, ionic, covalent bonds between R groups in tertiary structure of proteins.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Also you've got disulphides bridges, ionic, covalent bonds between R groups in tertiary structure of proteins.
Awesome, but what about the polymere bonds of the synthetic materials? did you not count them, as they don't occur in nature?
S.G.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Awesome, but what about the polymere bonds of the synthetic materials? did you not counte them, as they don't occur in nature?
I've just finished OCR biology a level and this is what I was taught.

Do you mean polyamides and polyesters?
emily569
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much, you're a life saver!!!
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I've just finished OCR biology a level and this is what I was taught.

Do you mean polyamides and polyesters?
I was not aware of you just finishing OCR. Are you teaching in chemistry for higher levels anyway?

Yeah, polyamides and polyesters are synthetic materials just to name but a few.
S.G.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
I was not aware of you just finishing OCR. Are you teaching in chemistry for higher levels anyway?

Yeah, polyamides and polyesters are synthetic materials just to name but a few.
I'm not a teacher. I just finished my a level exams last week
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I know. I am afraid, it is a misunderstanding, so I am asking again and clearer: did you have choose chemistry for A levels? did teacher have teach you at this level?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (7)
12.73%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.82%
Finding the time to revise (6)
10.91%
Finding the motivation (10)
18.18%
Getting distracted (10)
18.18%
Procrastination (21)
38.18%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed