Btec extended diploma in health and social care, is this for me ?

Watch
What Is next
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello I'm choosing to do a extended diploma in health and social care but was wondering what can I do when I finish this course, I hope to teach health and social care at a secondary school, I was wondering will this be the right course to pursue my dream?
Aztec Chic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by What Is next)
Hello I'm choosing to do a extended diploma in health and social care but was wondering what can I do when I finish this course, I hope to teach health and social care at a secondary school, I was wondering will this be the right course to pursue my dream?
I studied this course and there are so many jobs you can go onto such as nursing, social work, radiography, occupational therapy and so on. I don't see why you couldn't go into teaching. I think you'd need to do that teacher training course although I don't know much about that
shannonjade800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is a variety of pathways you can enter once you finish this course. I have just finished my health and social care studies and I am off to university to study child nursing. The list goes on and on. You can even get a job straight afterwards e.g. in a care home, nursery or an auxiliary nurse.

With teaching, I'm sure you have to undergo a teaching course.

Many thanks,

Shannon x
What Is next
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies guys but is the teacher training course what'd I would have to choose at university? I'm just really confused atm
Aztec Chic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by What Is next)
Thanks for the replies guys but is the teacher training course what'd I would have to choose at university? I'm just really confused atm
That's where I got confused at as well. I think the teacher training course is called a PGCE which you need to have a degree before you can go onto the course. My guess would be to study health and social care at uni and then go the PGCE which is about a year I think. Although I know some of my health teachers one studied criminology the other psychology. So I think it varies.
Have a look at this link. I think it may help answer your questions.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...education/pgce
What Is next
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aztec Chic)
That's where I got confused at as well. I think the teacher training course is called a PGCE which you need to have a degree before you can go onto the course. My guess would be to study health and social care at uni and then go the PGCE which is about a year I think. Although I know some of my health teachers one studied criminology the other psychology. So I think it varies.
Have a look at this link. I think it may help answer your questions.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...education/pgce

Omg thank you so much, yup your right you need a degree in the specific subject that you'll be wanting to teach and once you have that you go on to the training course. You been an great help, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (58)
29.15%
No (141)
70.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed