The Student Room Group

Gf did exams in a seperate room HELP

Why do people do their exams in seperate rooms? My gf who I've been dating for a few months did. She won't tell me why she had to do exams separately :confused:
Special arrangements- extra time/ use of computer.

Could be due to mental conditions (dyslexia etc) or physical conditions (wrist pain etc).
(edited 6 years ago)
Health reasons, and she'll tell you when she's ready.
Reply 3
Why is it so much of a concern to you? If she doesn't want to disclose why, respect her decision. Stop being so pushy.
Reply 4
Original post by queenofswords
Special arrangements- extra time/ use of computer.

Could be due to mental health conditions (dyslexia etc) or physical conditions (wrist pain etc).

I think it might be for her mental health. She's a very anxious panicky person. Could it be to do with that? I still don't understand why she'd need a room by herself... I'm just worried and I want to know what's up with her but she's not going to tell me. She made that pretty clear to me.
Original post by ThePricklyOne
Health reasons, and she'll tell you when she's ready.
Reply 5
Special arrangements meaning she either had exams that clashed or she has to use a computer for her exams or has some other documented health issue.
You're getting street that she did exams in a different room? You need to take a chill pill man
Original post by Anonymous
I think it might be for her mental health. She's a very anxious panicky person. Could it be to do with that? I still don't understand why she'd need a room by herself... I'm just worried and I want to know what's up with her but she's not going to tell me. She made that pretty clear to me.

I am also diagnosed with anxiety and my psychiatrist recommended doing exams in a separate room so I don't panic midway through.

Being in a room under exam conditions, with hundreds of other students scribbling away, can be very daunting for someone who has anxiety/ panic disorder. A separate room definitely helps to calm nerves.
Reply 8
Original post by That'sGreat
You're getting street that she did exams in a different room? You need to take a chill pill man

Like I said I'm worried and want to help her in any way I can. I love her and I want to know what's up i don't care what she says.
Reply 9
Original post by queenofswords
I am also diagnosed with anxiety and my psychiatrist recommended doing exams in a separate room so I don't panic midway through.

Being in a room under exam conditions, with hundreds of other students scribbling away, can be very daunting for someone who has anxiety/ panic disorder. A separate room definitely helps to calm nerves.

Thank you for your reply. I think I understand her situation better now. I wish I could do something to help.
You're overreacting. I do (or would if I had exams) my exams in a smaller room. What's the big deal, really?
(edited 6 years ago)
It could be anxiety disorder? I was placed at the back of the exam hall to help with mine, but I know a separate room is possible too.
Like I said I'm worried and want to help her in any way I can. I love her and I want to know what's up i don't care what she says.

If she doesn't want to tell you at this point, then the biggest help will likely to just be generally supportive, and to let her tell you if she wants to at a later point. I can understand being a bit worried about her, but there are many reasons she could have done the exam in a separate room, and I can't think of any that would need to be a huge concern to you!
Why do people do their exams in seperate rooms? My gf who I've been dating for a few months did. She won't tell me why she had to do exams separately :confused:

Probably extra time and therefore may have a learning disability she isn't ready to tell you about yet

I did my exams in a smaller room due to anxiety. However I don't think she will thank you for prying - if she doesn't want to say you should respect that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending