TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to university of Kent and i reticently went to an open day and I got the impression the social life on campus and in town is a bit boring, so how is it?
almostmaybe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends what you're after. Canterbury is a small place, and although it has a lot of pubs, restaurants and shops for its size, due to all the students and tourists, it obviously won't compare to a big city. There's also quite a lot on campus itself in terms of bars, nightclub and theatre/cinema, more than a lot of places.

Everyone's experience will be different, depending on what social circles you're in (housemates, sports club, society, coursemates etc.) but I think most people find there is plenty to keep them busy in the evening. Because Canterbury is small, everyone lives within walking distance of each other, which makea casual things a lot simpler to organise. In general it's a pretty friendly place, and socially it's pretty casual, you can just decide to go to the Venue (campus club) in whatever you're wearing after a few drinks in one of the campus bars.
almostmaybe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the last two will depend mainly on you.
kalvinkataria
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LMAO i'm acc done, this man said dating and lots of sex.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads