The Student Room Group

Bus crash & fire, 17 feared dead

A tour bus travelling with around 46 passengers and two drivers has collided with a lorry in Southern Germany.

It is thought that some 31 people were hurt, and 17 passengers remain unaccounted for.

Some passengers suffered serious injuries and several rescue helicopters joined emergency services at the scene.

The story is still developing as emergency workers try to work out the extent of the fatalities :frown:

Do stories like this make you more wary when on the road? Where in the world have you felt safest/ the least safe driving?
Do you choose to not drive because of the risks? Or do you not consider these type of stories part and parcel of driving/ travelling?
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah, makes me a little more aware of how I drive, when the temptation to go faster is there. maybe back off a bit.

Also reminds me of when I went to the Munich Beer Festival on a tour bus and the drivers were lunatics. You start thinking you've dodged a bullet sometimes. Like being in a place where there are accidents/terrorism attacks a few days / weeks before they happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending