Turn on thread page Beta

Have you got a Maplin Electronics in your town? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need a huge favour involving a lot of love from the UK-L community. I'm getting a new Sharp GX30 mobile, the main feature of which is an MP3 player. However, and heres the catch, the headphone socket requires a 2.5mm jack, rather than the normal 3.5mm jack. Because of this, I need to obtain a 2.5MM Plug to 3.5MM Stereo Socket (see here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...&moduleno=1144). I went to my local Maplin, and they've none left (the last one went last week). The guy says the next delivery isn't due until NOVEMBER! So here's the favour:

If I PM a volunteer my address, could someone please post me one. They're only small and so should post in an A6 envelope. They cost 79p and so with postage the cost should still be less than a pound. I'd be eternally grateful and rep will be given, as well as Gmail (I have invites, please DON'T PM me for one!), and whatever else I can think of.

Thanks, I'm counting on you all.

Carl

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look if you want - PM me with order code

ReputationRep:
    You could try ordering from Maplins Online? It might be worth a shot, or even ringing them up, perhaps their central distribution can get it to you faster than your local store even.

ReputationRep:
    someones done it for him already.
    look @ his thread in the computing section, thread turned into ''is maplin a geeks shop''

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.