The Student Room Group

Why can't his friend know we're having sex

I've made a similar thread to this before but the guy I'm seeing he still doesn't want to mention to his friends that he's having sex with me. (He was my friend before we started having sex). He cares about me and in public is affectionate. So don't think it's embarrassement. I feel like it's because he doesn't want his friends to ask me for sex if we ever break up or something...but I'm not that low I wouldn't go and have sex with his friend? But the way he put it sounded like he wants to protect me from the hungry wolves 🐺. Im pretty sure his friends are ****boys so could it be to do with that? Or is he embarrassed and I'm making up excuses...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And guys talk about who they're having sex with right, so that's why I'm concerned
Reply 2
No he's hiding the whole thing I meant. He hasn't mentioned me to his friends. So that's dodgy if you get me.
Reply 3
Why would he want to share his personal life with his friends? He doesn't need to give public updates to them on whether you guys are having sex, it isn't Twitter.
This is weird. why would you want your bf to tell his friends ur having sex?
Ask him why ?
Think more deeply about the issue. Lets suppose he does tell them about the fact you're having sex, how would that affect your relationships in anyway? Do you feel like he is ashamed of having sex with you and that's why he won't tell them? If so then I think you're just overthinking everything. Maybe he genuinely respects you and does not want to talk about you in that context around people. So what if the people around him are having those conversation, it does not mean he should start mentioning/detailing your personal sex life.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr Optimist
Think more deeply about the issue. Lets suppose he does tell them about the fact you're having sex, how would that affect your relationships in anyway? Do you feel like he is ashamed of having sex with you and that's why he won't tell them? If so then I think you're just overthinking everything. Maybe he genuinely respects you and does not want to talk about you in that context around people. So what if the people around him are having those conversation, it does not mean he should start mentioning/detailing your personal sex life.

How can I be sure that he isn't embarrassed of me? I'm not ugly probz not stunning but I'm far from ugly. I just don't get why he wouldn't because guys talk about sex or at least who they are dating. I don't get it at all?
This :lol: To OP I it depends on the guy whether he wants to share personal things with friends. He might be a private person.
Original post by Anonymous
How can I be sure that he isn't embarrassed of me? I'm not ugly probz not stunning but I'm far from ugly. I just don't get why he wouldn't because guys talk about sex or at least who they are dating. I don't get it at all?

Unless he is very shy, then the main reason he would not be talking about you in a sexual context is because he probably respects you and is not comfortable talking about you in that context even around his friends. I would also be the same. If he was embarrassed about you, he would be hiding the fact he is going out with you and not hide the fact he is having sex with you. The vast majority of people going out with each other are having sex so it's not exactly extremely unlikely for people to assume you guys are having sex. I think you're overstating how much guys talk about sex when they're around each other. It can happen, but not as common as you think and whether they mention their girlfriend or not is 100% not a sign of them being ashamed of them or not. You need to simply forget about these thoughts. The more your focus on this artificially created problem in your mind, the more it will negatively influence you. The last thing you want is to end up breaking up because you're arguing with each other over the fact he is not telling people you're having sex!
I've made a similar thread to this before but the guy I'm seeing he still doesn't want to mention to his friends that he's having sex with me. (He was my friend before we started having sex). He cares about me and in public is affectionate. So don't think it's embarrassement. I feel like it's because he doesn't want his friends to ask me for sex if we ever break up or something...but I'm not that low I wouldn't go and have sex with his friend? But the way he put it sounded like he wants to protect me from the hungry wolves 🐺. Im pretty sure his friends are ****boys so could it be to do with that? Or is he embarrassed and I'm making up excuses...

Really if I was having sexual relationships with a girl I wouldn't want my friends, or anybody else to know as it is a private intimate thing between two people.
Not everyone likes broadcasting what they are doing in the bedroom. I was embarrassed when my boyfriend once openly said to our group of friends what we had been up to the night before!
Why would you want his friends to know intimate details about you? I think they'd assume you're having sex with eachother anyway..
Original post by Mr Optimist
Unless he is very shy, then the main reason he would not be talking about you in a sexual context is because he probably respects you and is not comfortable talking about you in that context even around his friends. I would also be the same. If he was embarrassed about you, he would be hiding the fact he is going out with you and not hide the fact he is having sex with you. The vast majority of people going out with each other are having sex so it's not exactly extremely unlikely for people to assume you guys are having sex. I think you're overstating how much guys talk about sex when they're around each other. It can happen, but not as common as you think and whether they mention their girlfriend or not is 100% not a sign of them being ashamed of them or not. You need to simply forget about these thoughts. The more your focus on this artificially created problem in your mind, the more it will negatively influence you. The last thing you want is to end up breaking up because you're arguing with each other over the fact he is not telling people you're having sex!

Original post by Citizen Smith.
Really if I was having sexual relationships with a girl I wouldn't want my friends, or anybody else to know as it is a private intimate thing between two people.

Original post by sinfonietta
Not everyone likes broadcasting what they are doing in the bedroom. I was embarrassed when my boyfriend once openly said to our group of friends what we had been up to the night before!

Original post by Luluroo
Why would you want his friends to know intimate details about you? I think they'd assume you're having sex with eachother anyway..

He hasn't told them about me full stop. Or I wouldn't be making a big deal out of it.
He hasn't told them about me full stop. Or I wouldn't be making a big deal out of it.

If they don't know about you at all then why do you automatically go to sex? Is that what your relationship is based on? There are many more things he could tell them about you rather than whether you're having sex or not. Why are you so concerned about that?

From your description I had assumed it was about the sex aspect. However, since you said you have spoken and you feel he is doing it as a protective measure, then why not just take his words for it? I see no real indications why he is or should be embarrassed about your relationship in anyway. If he was going through various measures so you're not seen each other in public, then that could be a sign but he is not doing anything like this. Like I had said previously, you're letting these thoughts get a little out of control to a point where they're inducing paranoia into you. If it's truly bothering you that much, then have a word with him and ask him to to introduce you to his friends.
(edited 6 years ago)

That's simple. He has a girlfriend already and your the other woman. (His bit on the side)
Original post by Citizen Smith.
That's simple. He has a girlfriend already and your the other woman. (His bit on the side)

He's not a cheating type of guy though. He's a bit too nice to be cheating... he's the type of guy that would feel guilty doing anything slightly out of order.,

You are not a conquest he wants to boast about. He is probably taking you more seriously than you think. His relationship with you is personal and private and not just about sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending