The Student Room Group

Dropped medicine for a music career AMA

In the title...

Scroll to see replies

Do you regret it?
Reply 2
Original post by AppleB
Do you regret it?

Defiantly not, taking a gap year helped me realise what it is I really wanna do. While medicine was something I was always interested in, before experiencing the real world the only thing I had to go by were my subjects and school, which doesn't actually prepare u for anything.
Reply 3
Kicked out of medical school now trying to become the next Justin bieber*
Reply 4
Original post by Bxbxbbnf
Kicked out of medical school now trying to become the next Justin bieber*

Nah soz I'm on a gap year actually
Reply 5
Original post by Alex-d19
Nah soz I'm on a gap year actually

Why'd you drop out?
+ what A levels did you get?
Defiantly not, taking a gap year helped me realise what it is I really wanna do. While medicine was something I was always interested in, before experiencing the real world the only thing I had to go by were my subjects and school, which doesn't actually prepare u for anything.

What made you want to go into music then?
Reply 7
Why'd you drop out?
+ what A levels did you get?

Maths, bio, chem: A*A*A respectively, I realised that medicine was something I took an interest to to make my parents proud 😂😂 Ik it's stupid but Taking a year out to try heaps of different things allowed me to see what it is I see myself doing for the next 20+ years. A gap year isn't for everyone but I'd recommend it to anyone confused about what it is they wanna do. After all uni is 27k+ and I don't wanna spend a large amount of money on a course I won't enjoy.
Reply 8
Maths, bio, chem: A*A*A respectively, I realised that medicine was something I took an interest to to make my parents proud 😂😂 Ik it's stupid but Taking a year out to try heaps of different things allowed me to see what it is I see myself doing for the next 20+ years. A gap year isn't for everyone but I'd recommend it to anyone confused about what it is they wanna do. After all uni is 27k+ and I don't wanna spend a large amount of money on a course I won't enjoy.

I might do maths bio Chem or Fm maths bio
Have you considered going into banking?
Reply 9

For me personally, banking sounds hella boring, id go crazy. For banking I'd say f maths is favoured over chemistry however I remember a lot of very smart ppl in my school failing f maths so I'd think about it

Isn't the OP taking a gap and pursuing what they want to do good enough for you? What is wrong with attempting a music career?
Reply 11
Original post by AppleB
What made you want to go into music then?

Grew up watching X factor 😂😂
What do you play?
For me personally, banking sounds hella boring, id go crazy. For banking I'd say f maths is favoured over chemistry however I remember a lot of very smart ppl in my school failing f maths so I'd think about it

Fm isn't that hard since we have 2 applied and 1 further module
I feel the same banking looks so boring. I'd much much much rather go into researching and get a PhD in biology but the pay is too bad :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by AmeliaLost
What do you play?

I'm a singer but I also play guitar and clarinet - I made sure I could play at least one instrument so I don't have to rely on a guitarist/pianist for gigs
Reply 15
Fm isn't that hard since we have 2 applied and 1 further module
I feel the same banking looks so boring. I'd much much much rather go into researching and get a PhD in biology but the pay is too bad :frown:

Like Jessie j said it's not about the money bro
I have a few questions. What year in medicine were you? Also, what did like and not like about medicine? Ultimately, what made you decide it's not for you?
Like Jessie j said it's not about the money bro

Only people with money say that
Grew up watching X factor 😂😂

Do you aspire to audition for X Factor?
Reply 19
Only people with money say that

Nah ppl who realise u can have a lot of money and still be unhappy say that

Quick Reply