The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

What do I need to do make myself a competitive Computer Science Applicant for UCL?

Hi,

I am looking to study Computer Science at A-Level and am looking to get A*, A*, A at A-Level studying Maths, Economics and History.

I am currently completing the Odin Project, being fond of reading Computer Science books (read 2) as well as following Hacker News.

However, should I be doing more to make my application more competitive? and is the fact that I am not studying a hard science such as Physics at A-Level going to weaken my application? I know this is not the case at say, Queen Mary, but definitely is the case at Oxbridge.

Please Advise,
Thanks!
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi,

I am looking to study Computer Science at A-Level and am looking to get A*, A*, A at A-Level studying Maths, Economics and History.

I am currently completing the Odin Project, being fond of reading Computer Science books (read 2) as well as following Hacker News.

However, should I be doing more to make my application more competitive? and is the fact that I am not studying a hard science such as Physics at A-Level going to weaken my application? I know this is not the case at say, Queen Mary, but definitely is the case at Oxbridge.

Please Advise,
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlW51V67a4

Guy did CompSci at cambridge and he answers your questions in the first 15 mins of this video but its useful to watch it all -- gl
(edited 6 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Further maths as would be a good idea unless your school doesn't offer it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending