Looking to get a paper round job. Watch

samueltheguy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all!

I am looking to make some extra money, and am looking to seek a paper job as it is ideal for me (cyclist, need to get out more :P)

However, I am unsure what I will need to do to find one. Should I just go to my nearest shop and ask if they have a paper round? Will I need a CV or something like that? And what kind of pay/hours should I expect?

Thanks!
geographyuk123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go to 5 newsagents in your area
Talk to the owner or manager and ask about paper rounds, have a CV to hand if you have some
You've got a paper round

2 hours per day of manual labour + Early starts + 7 Days a week = £20/25 a week. It's far below minimum wage.

Get another menial job, in a supermarket or takeaway outlet.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samueltheguy)
Hi all!

I am looking to make some extra money, and am looking to seek a paper job as it is ideal for me (cyclist, need to get out more :P)

However, I am unsure what I will need to do to find one. Should I just go to my nearest shop and ask if they have a paper round? Will I need a CV or something like that? And what kind of pay/hours should I expect?

Thanks!
hey! I've done a paper round since I was 14.
definately ask at your local newsagents, I didn't need a CV though, but where ever you ask might have a waiting list
(premier shops sometimes do paper rounds as well)

hours could depend on whether its a morning or evening round. mine is every day and I'm at the shop at 7. Rainy days are the worst, but perks are the tips are ok (dependent) and most of my houses I deliver to are oap's are are pretty friendly (I got chocolates one last year from one) honestly it depends on how big your round is and whether the shop pays by paper or how much the customers pay for it (bad description there)
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Another tip is to look in your local newspaper. Sometimes my local newspaper advertises paper rounds in their job section.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Another tip is to look in your local newspaper. Sometimes my local newspaper advertises paper rounds in their job section.
This is a good shout, especially for free papers that might not be linked to the local newsagents particularly!
Need4JOB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm 12 need a paper round to earn some money and get outside more what do I need to do to start and what are the payments
Tia topham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi im 12 years old and i would really want to have this job . If i could please message me bacl thank you
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Need4JOB)
Hi I'm 12 need a paper round to earn some money and get outside more what do I need to do to start and what are the payments
You have to be 13 to be able to get a paper round (or anything similar for that matter).
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tia topham)
Hi im 12 years old and i would really want to have this job . If i could please message me bacl thank you
You have to be 13 to be able to get a paper round (or anything similar for that matter).
Lammy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi is there one in batley or Birstall
Chaydon bryant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m 14 and looking for a paper round in purbrook or waterlooville for the afternoon
dannyboi22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i doh no im new to this website u will have to call them or somethin i dunno the phone number okay
Wildog15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi im 15 n looking for a paper round to make some money, but i dont know how to get one, does anyone know?
bailey01905
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hi my name is bailey im 13 and i have been looking for a way to get some extra pocket money so i talked to my parents they gave me some suggestions so im trying to do this i would love to do a paper round for you i can work whenever you want but obviously not in school hours though sorry im from Houghton Regis bedfordshire
abi barclay
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ill do it x
Daddygriff22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
So am I my family are struggling and I am 12 trying to earn a bit of money to help out it would be so great for my family if I could help out and I’m interspersed in doing a paper round to help and be there for my family ASAP
Jerrell
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi I’m 13 and looking for a newspaper round job can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
DuckDodgers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jerrell)
Hi I’m 13 and looking for a newspaper round job can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Go into newsagents and ask.
Ellasoundy
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Normally you need to be 13 or 14 to paper round
Liamelliott
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. My name is Liam I am looking for a paper round job on the evenings weekends could you get back to me as soon as possible.thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (524)
66.84%
No (260)
33.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed